Friday, January 24, 2014

we were a team



Came across this pic... in a friend's post... My husband loved John Wayne movies... I sure miss him... I’ve had a burr under my saddle… so to speak ever since a conversation with a “friend” the other day.

She nonchalantly announced oh… we all know who ran yours and David’s relationship… inferring it was me. Man … did she ever not get it. David and I were a team.

I am sorry that her relationship is conditional on her being a servant to her husband. To me that is not a marriage… it is slavery…. but then it is not my marriage… they can live as they see fit… it’s too bad they seem to have the need to try to tear down others that walk different paths…

David was a strong man both physically and in heart. In his younger days… he played football… was a bare knuckle fighter… could pick up an auto engine block and walk off with it… the man was loyal to a fault… and had a strength of heart that I have seen in very very few.

Self-righteous is something he was not… hypocritical… also something he was not… judgmental… again… something he was not… Real… yeah… he was that…

He fought his way back from a vicious stroke May 2001 … he had to relearn speech… and compensate for massive changes in strength and motor control…. As well as deal with the drugs the doctors put him on. All in all he did an amazing job of it…. Eventually … in my opinion… the drugs took him out… or perhaps it was just his time to cross over…

We took care of each other… we respected and cared for each other… we loved and actually liked each other… and of course we had our days… that we totally pissed each other off… oh yeah… of course that happens… we loved each other unconditionally… pissed off or not… lol…

We were protective of each other… and it would seem that I still am and always will be… my husband was not a lap dog… he was my equal partner… each of us had our strengths and weaknesses …

David and I were a team… either of us would have laid down our lives for the other. That is who we were.


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video