Saturday, January 11, 2014

Two Peculiar Words... Faith... Trust...



Good Morning Peeps…

I am sitting here on my couch … coffee on the side table… the mastiffs and Pominators have already been out for their morning run and such… breakfast is finished… 1 egg, bacon, yellow squash, coffee… vitamins taken… and there are a couple of peculiar words on my mind this morning… peculiar words in that I do not place my trust easily… nor do I hold faith easily…

A person I respect called me a woman of faith the other day… truthfully it surprised me as I have not really thought of myself that way. This past year has been a … geez what words describe it… truly none are adequate that I can come up with… but here goes anyway… a lesson perhaps … in learning to live day by day… moment by moment… frankly I could not see my way through it.

But … here I am a bit over a year later. I look back and I see a narrow slippery trail… climbing higher and higher along a steep rocky cliff… waves crashing into the jagged boulders below… throwing up an inviting mist… alternately shrouding and exposing the razor sharp edges glistening wet with spray…

So many slips… cuts… tumbles… bruises… walking… climbing… crawling… clawing… my way along that trail… often to pause and breathe in the mist… as it enshrouded me calling me out into the nothingness …an escape from the pain… before crashing into the devastation below… an ending to this mortal suit… moving on into the realms beyond…

Then there is this call… no … not yet… not your time yet… something left to do… write… paint… savor the morning sun… celebrate the moon in her glory… breathe another moment… live another day… live … beyond exist… live… trust … there is healing through the pain…

I look out and I see… others … so many others… caught in a morass of swirling agony… writhing in pain… and I want to reach out … touch them and say… trust… there is healing through the pain… breathe another moment… live another day… live … beyond exist…

So … I write… I paint… I choose to breathe another moment… I choose to live another day… live … beyond exist… and I hear this call… yes… celebrate the morning sun… savor the moon in her glory… breathe… live… trust… have faith that it is not your time yet… and live… another day…

There is healing through the pain… and life beyond it’s reign… choose … to live another day… beyond exist…


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter




 YES YOU CAN!

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video