Wednesday, January 22, 2014

May you walk in peace… live fearless… fly free…



Good Morning Peeps… (actually it’s afternoon here now…but I’m posting it anyway…)

Beautiful sunrise… the hairballs have been run out and are back inside… mastiffs too… supposed to have a bit of snow and cold later… as for now it is still 30 degrees… wouldn’t break my heart if they were wrong and it warmed up to the 50’s… hehehehe… but we do have a “special weather statement” supposed to start snowing around 1 p.m. then turn to rain around 3 p.m. then back to snow… hmmmmm… can we say ice…

Be careful if you are driving out and about… glad I’ve got a wood stove… some coffee beans … a tea kettle… and a French press … if the power goes out… oh and yes I do have some water in the kettle… lol…

Have not worked out yet… but am going to… am seriously enjoying a day home… writing listening to some good tunes… may rome on out to the Quonset later for a bit and clear some more out of that mess… gonna be so great to have that put together… maybe have a party later in the season to celebrate… now there is a thought… hmmmmm….

Had breakfast … home grown chicken egg… yay… sautéed spaghetti squash… and a bit of beef steak… yes this woman is definitely a carnivore… ok… omnivore… love veggies and fruit too… hehehe… oh and lets not forget coffee…. Cccooooffffeeeee… the darker the better… the aroma the flavor… yeah ok… I think you got the idea… I love dark rich bitter coffee… espresso anyone… hehehehe….

Oh and not this is not the kind of coffee David loved… he loved the light brown mellow flavors…

Man oh man… I am loving this woman’s music… Beverly McClellan… feeling the tunes and rhythms… mmmmmm… enjoying… dark coffee … and good music … a bit of heaven … in my living room… just close your eyes and let the sounds wash over you… feel the base swirl down through your soul… yeah I am smiling now…


Ok … I got sidetracked and did not finish writing… took care of some paperwork that needed to be done… and came to a decision regarding the ink work on my left arm… yes it is time for more ink… my birthday and David’s birthday are rapidly coming up. It is time to do the memorial work on my arm… of course right after I decided what I was going to have done and called the artist… my stomach flipped over and did a little ick dance…

No it’s not about the needles… it’s about another step in the healing process… I am having a pocket watch inked on my arm along with roses… his birth date and death date… with the pocket watch’s hands at the time of the 911 call… yes I called and got the exact time…. His initials or name… a life well lived… Don’t cry because it’s over …Smile because it happened

This is my memorial to David celebrating his life in this realm… and wishing him well in his journey on the other side. Frankly I never thought I would get to this point… yes I still miss him… and he will always be a part of me… and I him… but I accept that it was his time to cross over… whether I like it or not… and it is not my time to make that transition yet… so it is my responsibility to live… and part of living is wishing him well and celebrating life.

Ok… that feels a bit like walking out on a single strand rope bridge over the grand canyon… Yes I am doing it anyway… I am letting go… whoa… yes I really said that… I know David wanted me to live… to savor life… I know this for certain because he said so… I would want the same for him… and I do want the same for him… even though his journey takes him on beyond where I can reach at this point… fly free dear one… fly free…

As for those that have an issue with my choices… that “issue” would be yours not mine… deal with it… or don’t … it’s up to you…

May you walk in peace… live fearless… fly free…


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video