Thursday, January 09, 2014

sore woman walking...er waking...



Good Morning Peeps!

I am happy to say I actually slept last night. I worked in the Quonset… with a friend… cleaning it out… and by the end of the day I was physically exhausted… it was a good tired though… and we made good progress.

Started reading a good book on self sufficiency… not isolationism… self sufficiency in community… big difference. It is actually on loan from a friend… and frankly has some very valid a points.

There are so many basic skills that we have lost… relying on others to take care of in one form or another. This past year has really brought that to light in my life. I thought I had a decent skill set… but geez… when it comes to vehicles… not… electricity… not… ugh… well enough of not knowing what folks are talking about when something needs done on my truck … time to learn. I may never be a master mechanic… but I am determined to have a good basic knowledge… hmmmm… change that… to understanding … of how things work… and how to fix them… changed it to understanding… because it seems to me that knowledge without understanding is nigh unto useless.

My mini rant for the day… lol… hmmmm… well for this morning anyway… hehehe…

Gotta go… I am stiff and sore from yesterday’s efforts and am heading for a bit of a soak in an Epsom salts bath… then out to bring in firewood… and take care of the kennels before my friend gets here and we head back into that Quonset… because you KNOW none of this is happening after being in there working… lol…

Later taters…

May you walk in peace…


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video