Thursday, December 26, 2013

words...images... emotions...



Good Morning Peeps…

Gratitudes:
Warm fire
Breakfast
Another day

Hmmmmm…. Well Christmas is over….and I am still here. The one year anniversary of David’s death has come and gone…. And frankly I am confused… confused and tired. I would truly like to stay home today and hibernate… but alas that is not to be.

Yesterday I painted two canvases… not good not bad… just is… kind of like the art… it just is… I sit here and I look at it and I think where did that come from and what is it… then I think whoa … I know where that came from and what it is… then later it is something else… I’ve done 3 pieces this past week…

There is more in there … bubbling around wanting to come out… catharsis…

Words are not really flowing as I sit here and stare at the screen… tick tock… tick tock… time is inching by… rumble rumble stir and tumble… emotions rolling around like a thundercloud… in a tornado warning zone… blacks and grays with jagged yellow flashes… wanting to go onto canvas… alas … there is no canvas… hmmmm… alternatives…

Idea… old canvas stretched across a board… leave jagged curling edges… part of the piece… no this has not been created yet… just flashing through my mind… words and images interchanging… try to write… oh there’s images… paint… no there’s words… a storm a stew… of impressions… emotions… worn denim… white paint…wood… more images… simple clean white canvas so much simpler… but then what is simple about my mind… absolutely nothing… conflict switch… change… breathe… calm… paint… louder and louder screaming to be let out… boiling in their intensity… Quiet! … subside under the surface… the deceptively calm surface… glimpses of shifting images below the calm… boiling below… waiting to come out… the surface shatters as one image after another crashes through the surface… jumping to canvas… jumping to screen in words… rushing about… geez I need some coffee… coffee stain on white canvas… and we’re off again…

Alright… dogs have been run out and back in… breakfast done… 15 minutes… change clothes… gotta go…

May you walk in peace…


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video