Sunday, December 22, 2013

today has been a good day... closure... food discoveries...



Hello Peeps…

Lost Girl is playing on Netflix… just found a cockle-bur on my nightshirt… must have been on my sweatshirt I brushed up against it hanging on the back of a chair.

Today has been a remarkably good day… I lit my burn bin this morning… it was a cathartic burn… last night I went through the frig, and cupboards… and cleared out all of David’s and Mom’s meds. It was a purging… a release… before I lit the burn bin I took a newspaper and some sharpies and started writing… on page after page I wrote… after I wrote I lit the burn bin and took each page wadded it up and tossed it in… as I tossed in each page… I chose to release what was written on it… page after page burning to freedom…

After that I cleared some cockle-burs out of the chicken yards… did not get all of them… but part of them are gone… up in smoke with the rest of the burn bin…

Then It was fill the bird feeder… and on to feeding and watering the kennels… hairballs dancing about in the sun smiling Pominator eyes… and then happily chewing as they got their biscuits …

Came back in the house… did Hip Hop Abs… not as energetically as Shaun T was doing it but… I did it just the same… felt good to be making a positive step towards better health.

Ate something for lunch… you know I can not remember what…

Washed a couple loads of laundry… folded towels and put them away… got online and did some research… I am relearning how to eat… I thought I had a decent handle on it… not… I mean seriously nearly 54 years old and relearning how to eat healthily… I am so disgusted at what has happened to our food supply… foods that are supposed to be safe are a toxic mess of chemicals and crud. Yes I am a bit pissed…

I am very glad to be feeling better… but am amazed at how many products have gluten in them… I had already been cutting back on sugar as well… and got really determined to cut out even more… and am totally amazed at how many foods have sugar added… in however many different forms hidden here and there… even in some of the spice rubs… top that off with trying to go organic… and non gmo… and geesh!

Thinking this girl will be doing more gardening come spring time… the thing that really got me… is I keep chickens for fresh healthy eggs… and it dawned on me today… that we had more than likely been eating gmo eggs because of the feed I’d been feeding… good grief. Little bit frustrated… aw well… live and learn another day…

There is so much ill health connected to nutrition… or toxic substances in our food supplies… physical and mental both… 


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video