Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Where there was grief... peace...



I am back inside… the critters were all glad to see me… including the wild birds… since their feeder was empty… lol… I filled it and by the time I stepped away they were flying in for breakfast… The pair of Muscovy’s were sitting on top of the straw stack… watching as I filled buckets and the feed cart for the dogs… as well as the cat trays… I know a couple of feathered waddling friends that are eating cat food… aw well… the Muscovy hen decided to greet the sun from the top of the feed storage building… I enjoyed watching her fly from the top of the straw stack to the tip top of the building and glide in… watered and fed the chickens and the quackers… and listened to their chatter for a bit…

The Kennel runs now all have feed and fresh water… here is hoping that the weather folks are right and today warms up to 45 or better… that would be grand… be grand if it did it tomorrow as well… make it much easier to clear the ice out of all the buckets and tubs.

Warming up with some strong hot coffee letting the cold seep out of my skin… I do believe my face had a bit of ice… from my breath freezing… the sun is up… I watched it barely light the eastern horizion… then slip up to light the day…

Set a small heater in the bathroom to heat up the old claw foot tub that is in there… love that tub… gonna put some Epsom salts…zeolite… lavender… and eucalyptus oil … along with some very warm water and take a bit of a soak this morning… nothing like lavender and eucalyptus in hot steam… hmmmmm… thinking I’d better set an alarm or I’ll be sleeping in that water…

Need a hair cut too… hmmmm… perhaps before getting in the tub… perhaps not… could go a bit longer…

Sunlight is streaming in through the kitchen window… hasn’t reached the cockatiels cage yet though… they are trying to nap… yes they were up with me at 4 a.m. this morning and chattering along with the tv streaming from the internet last night … who knows how late as I was crashed out sleeping in the chair…

I thought of my husband as I was out and about… stomping through the snow drifts… across the tops of some… stepping along wearing stockyard boots he insisted I get… with the headlamp turned on as it rode along on the front of my cap and hat under the edge of my sweatshirt… headlamp he had surprised me with… sweatshirts we had bought together… wearing some of the warmest gloves/mittens ever … again that he had surprised me with… as I came in and started pealing of layers… first the boots… to see heavy socks that were his… then the vest he wore… and I thought… he is still taking care of me from the other side… my beloved was needed elsewhere… yet he is still with me… and I with him… today I thought these thoughts… and there was peace rather than grief… yes I still miss his physical presence… miss seeing the sparkle of his hazel eyes… shifting from green to brown… to gold… colors all flecked together shining with love… but today… there was peace…

Yes writing of this brings tears… but there is still peace…

Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video