Friday, December 06, 2013

stalled trucks... heatlamps... and block heaters



Happily I am in for the night... since it is now minus 7 degrees... pppphhhhttttt..... once I had the truck started I called the store to see if they had a block heater... they had one left... and they put it behind the counter for me... so I scuttled into town and got it... filled up the second gas tank on the truck... got 8 bags of feed for the fowl (ducks/chickens/wild birds) ... came back home... unloaded the feed... wrapped my face again... and headed out to water the critters... feed whatever needed fed... and give treats... then it was move the truck and put on the block heater...

I popped open the hood thinking I could just stick it on something metallic in there... so not happening... way too many hoses and wires and poly or plastic stuff... ugh... so here we go... under the truck... good thing it is set up for off road and is rather high off the ground... so which thing is the oil pan... hopefully I got it on the right thing... I'll find out in the morning...

I have decided I've had enough of not knowing what is going on with motors... ugh... so did not want to do this... but I am going to learn at least the friggen basics... can't be that hard... they are just moving puzzles...

should stop a massive amount of frustration... like when my mower motors went pppphhhhttttt.... I should have been able to fix that... but no... totally intimidated... grrrrrrrr.... well enough of that... where to start... perhaps a book on the basics of engine repair... find someone who knows and soak up knowledge from them as well... pick some small engines and work them over... got enough dead mowers sitting around... and a dead tiller... it's not like I'm going to hurt them... well maybe... but they aren't working now soooo..... I would love to get that little tiller working well... it's a mantis and I loved it... what fun that would be...

I am thinking a basic understanding of these things will go a long way.... a foundation to build on anyway...

growing ... moving on....

Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video