Friday, February 14, 2014

Red Red Roses...



Good morning peeps…

I woke up to sunshine and 2 more inches of snow… surprised me… as it was in the 50’s F here yesterday. Looks like it is going to be another beautiful day today… white… icy… wet… muddy… sunny… and beautiful… lol… Hey I made it up to the chicken house… and yes the girls gave me an egg for Valentine’s day… and the ducks were quacking and playing in the sunshine and snow… anyway… I made it up to the chicken house… and back to my door without doing a seat drop in the melting snow and mud… hehehehe…

Got to feeling more like myself yesterday afternoon… I mean really like me… the woman David met and fell in love with so many years ago. Upset again this morning… but functioning… I know there will be cycles… and triggers that bring sadness rushing in… but yesterday afternoon gave me a glimpse …

Truthfully though I am that person… but I am not … I am 20 plus years older with experience and life … I am in truth stronger than she was at that time… strength is like patience… it is not given… it is developed… one moment one day at a time… I have known love and true friendship… I made a commitment to my husband and I stood by it… and he by me… these are good things… things to be thankful for… things that I will always carry with me…

I am out of coffee and really do not want to go into town…ugh… hmmmmm…. Did have breakfast… egg, potato, sausage, … thinking my body was not thrilled with the potato… ugh… need to bring in a cartload or 2 of wood today… have the bathroom warming… gonna take a bit of a soak and get on with the day...

No it is not all sunshine and sparkles… but I am still here…. And I have chosen to be grateful for the day… truthfully curling up in a chair and reading a good fiction book sounds good to me… I will always cherish… and remember the red red roses David brought me for Valentine’s Day… yes the roses were lovely… but what was truly the gift… was and his love and intention….


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video