Sunday, February 02, 2014

non gmo... organic... non processed ... equals... fat loss and health...



Got on the scale this morning... and looked a couple of times... I am now 43 pounds down... 270.8 lbs... still hefty... but not as hefty as I was... YaY! andd it is still falling off...

I cut almost all processed foods... out of my food intake... cut gluten ... artificial sweeteners... sugars... hmmmm... well this would be easier to say what I am eating rather than listing all the stuff i am refusing to consume...

I am eating as closely as possible... translated doing the best I can with what I have access too... organic, non gmo, non processed, whole foods... mostly veggies and proteins at this point...

I am using the induction food lists in the book the new atkins for a new you... with some modifications... I am eating very little dairy... nothing against dairy... I just do not want the hormones the dairy herds are being injected with... rather frustrating since I am a total cheese freak...

I am using tangy tangerine 2 as a vitamin/mineral supplement... also using shakeology as a snack sense I know both are high quality... and my food variety is rather limited at this point...

trying to keep my water consumption adequate... for my weight that is about a gallon a day... not always reaching that... but feel better when I do as I am flushing so many toxins with this fat loss.

i get a minimum of 30 minutes a day of activity in... usually more... between oxycise/tai-cheng... ranch rounds... and working in the quonset... just get up and move... if you can not get up... move where you are...

dropping the gluten ... sugar... and processed foods has made a huge difference... of course it can be rather frustrating going to the grocery store...not much in there...

after I am under 200 lbs I will be adding nuts, fruits, and higher carb veggies and legumes back into my food consumption lists... as well as some non gmo grains...

I am finding that I am not hungry all the time like i used to be...

I did not choose this eating style as a diet... I did this because I was totally fed up with feeling like crud... and getting sick every friggen time I ate...

Oh... and something else... yes I am still using olive oil... love a good quality olive oil and a bit of vinegar and some garlic on salads... however I am being extremely selective about it... so much of the olive oil on the store shelves is not actually olive oil... even some of the respected brands are contaminated with other oils... or not olive oil at all... grrrrr...

Coconut oil is excellent... just make sure it is non hexane...

You know I thought I knew how to eat healthy... this is certainly a learning experience...


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video