Tuesday, February 25, 2014

beautiful snowy day




It is snowing... 12 degrees F and snowing... I filled my bird feeder yesterday... it is empty again... just had lunch... 1/2 tangelo, 4 ounces chicken, 4 blue corn chips, coffee... lunch did not set too well on my stomach.. thinking that is just anxiety over the cold weather... will be better after I've been outside and am back in with wood brought in... animals taken care of... and so on...

I am kind of amazed that they emptied that bird-feeder in one day... supposed to be warmer tomorrow... the picture is of a purple finch... yes I know it's brown and red... no I did not take the pic...



 couple hours later...

I am back inside... there were huge snowflakes falling while I was outside... absolutely beautiful... thankful the wind was not blowing... it was fun watching the big dogs play in the snow... everyone has fresh feed and water... and of course treats... happy hairballs...

filled the bird feeder... gonna have to get the feed out of the truck cab tomorrow... glad it is 4 wheel drive or I would never get it up that hill... to the chicken yards...

ran the house dogs outside again... got my cart load of wood in... it is setting by the stove on the cart drying out... it was covered in snow... yes I know wet mess on the floor... one of the reasons my floor is simply cement except where I have area rugs over it...

having some shakeology as a snack... watching the fire burn in the wood stove...

today has been a good day... I always seem to do better when I am outside part of the day... it was good to feel the contentment of my animals munching away on their treats ... it can be pretty harsh out here... and I wonder about that sometimes... then I look at the joy in their eyes... and I think... yeah... this is ok... and I watch the tiny birds flitting about and listen to their song... they were singing this afternoon while I was out and about... such a beautiful peaceful sound...

the ducks gave me a bit of a quacking concert too... and of course the hens had to talk a bit and follow me around... the dogs were jumping and barking playing around... until they all got fed watered and their treats... then the whole kennel went silent as they were munching...


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video