Monday, February 03, 2014

Fly Free... Choose Life...


had this piece done to honor our marriage


this piece will be shaded in like the shoulder cap piece...








Good Morning Peeps…

Weight bounced from yesterday to today… 270.8 to 272.0 I know I did not eat enough calories for it to be fat…. Still bugs me though… I did not sleep well last night… and I am always heavier when I do not sleep well…

I was dealing with another transition in this life… felt like I was standing on a very high cliff… wings outstretched… or wing suit… feeling the updraft… coming up under my wings racing along the side of the mountain… almost ready to step off that cliff and soar… yet still gripping the ledge with my feet… almost there… just kick off and soar… ride those thermals… embrace life… or hide in fear… yes the meter kept flipping from one side to the other all night… well I am writing… and yes there is more ink on my arm… so… a bit nervous to be sure… but embracing life…

The work on my memorial… and letting go… releasing myself to live… ink started yesterday… pocket watch with the time of the 911 call (David collected pocket watches… and I love them too… there is more symbolism there as well) … roses… red ones and some purple… since the last roses David surprised me with were purple bicolor roses… his initials in the lid of the pocket watch… and the words Fly Free… (yes I know the design changed…)

Most of the outline work is done… some leaves and filigree and perhaps another purple rose… then the fill and shading… hopefully we will get that in the next setting. Gotta let this heal up a bit… then finish it up… ran out of time yesterday… geez… there is that clock again… lol… this ink is a celebration of life… Of David’s life… of my life… of all the lives of those that have gone on ahead… and of those still in this realm… Fly Free… appreciate life and live it now… for none of us know when that pocket watch will have our initials and check out time on it…

Breathe deep… stretch out your wings and Fly Free…

oh... and no my nose is not injured... well not now... that happened 40 years ago... lol... it is a breathe right strip... i am getting ready to do oxycise and tai-cheng

Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video