Wednesday, February 05, 2014

OK... Just Brrrrr...



Good Morning Peeps… frosty morning indeed… but the sun is shining… weather.com still says – 11 degrees F…. I just checked my thermometers outside… one says nearly 20 above … now that one is in the sun… however the other one is in the shade… and says around 15 above … yes above zero… frankly I am thankful…

Mastiffs and Pominators have been run out and back in… the Pominators did not get to go out for their late run last night… as it was below zero… so they were more than ready to get out the door this morning…

It is startlingly beautiful outside… bright sun… cold air… with fine crystals floating through the air… I would say it was snowing… but there are no clouds… just fine crystals of beauty shimmering through the air… I could feel them on my face as I was walking up the hill… can’t really see them looking straight forward… but if I look to the side… I can see them…

There is so much about this planet that is absolutely amazing…

I am thankful for today… and glad last night is over… when it drops below zero I get very concerned about the animals… and about the water system. (yeah ok... I started to totally freak out...then managed to calm down)  Frankly do not want a repeat of last year… frozen burst mess with contaminated water… and a huge bill.

Gave the muscoveys some water… the hen flew into the main yard and Sara went after her… I saw Sara (bull mastiff) after something and told her to release it… and she did… then put Sara and Diesel back into the house. I picked up the duck and took her back up the hill and set her down beside her drake… she went in her house… if there are injuries they are internal… here is hoping that she survives her flight into the danger zone…

Going to do oxycise and tai-cheng then head out to do ranch rounds… give everyone some water and check feed pans… the wind is not blowing now and would like to get things done before it comes up … usually comes up in the afternoon… hmmmm…. I may go on out and do oxycise and tai-cheng when I get back in…. that would probably be wiser…

Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video