Monday, August 05, 2013

Yep... it's Monday...








Hello Peeps…

Well today started out sunny… now it’s cloudy… I did not get all the way through my list yesterday… I did get the sheets washed, dog laundry washed, and all dried… dog crates with clean bedding in them… as for the rest… I ended up sleeping on top of a throw on the bed last night…

I did not make it to the website I wanted to work on either… aw well… did get some dishes washed. Oh yes and I got most of my compression pants stitched and hemmed. The waist bands on those things never stay together with a straight stretch stitch… so I go over them with a couple rows of zig zag stitches… keeps them together nicely.

Today so far… I’ve gotten a bath, had grapes and yogurt for lunch… dinner is in the oven… making use of some rice and hamburger… as well as some veggies and spices and eggs… mixed up a meatloaf and popped in the oven… did a bit of reading as well… goals: wash the rest of the dishes, bake some lemon loaf, pay bills, make bed, fold laundry and put it away, hem the last pair of compression pants, ranch rounds, appt with grief counselor, pull a dog’s coat… there’s a big maybe on that one… here’s hoping the power stays on tonight… as that is when I intend to pay the bills… ugh… I so hate doing that when things are stretched so bad.

Pominators and Cockatiels are outside while they can be… if it does today what it did yesterday in a couple of hours I’ll be pulling them in…

Yesterday afternoon and into the evening a storm rolled in… lightening must have struck a transformer somewhere because we were without electricity for I’m not sure how long. Power went out right in the middle of a sewing a waist band. Aw well… I have one phone that works without the power… so I called the elect company and told them it was out… then called a neighbor to see if they had power. They were out of power as well… so I knew it wasn’t just something on my place.

Visited with my neighbor on the phone for a while… It was good to catch up. Brushed Ensign’s coat (black pom)… poor baby is losing his hair since he had a bot… rotten bug. He is such a little character… looks like I’ll be knitting and or sewing more dog clothes … He gets this silly look on his face and then just grins showing his front teeth…

Some of the swelling in my legs went down from yesterday… yay! Dropped over a pound from yesterday morning to this morning… oh and yes I have compression pants on… although I did avoid putting them on this morning for a while. Yes my legs are swelled… and hands hurt like a bugger… but for now they are working… so I am using them…

Have an appointment with my grief counselor later this afternoon… she has truly been a blessing through all this….

Gonna finish my mug of coffee, swallow my vitamins and such and head out to do ranch rounds… get part of it done before she gets here. Wonder if the girls (hens) have any eggs for me today…

Oh yeah… happily I picked my first little tomato of the season yesterday.


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video