Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I sharpened a knife!








Moving really slow today... gastric attack late last night... not sure what brought it on... stress or the wrong thing for dinner... who knows... always leaves me totally exhausted after an episode though... gonna be home for most of the day today... had planned on working outside... but that is not going to happen...

On an up note... I did something today I haven't done in over 20 years... my favorite butcher knife had lost it's edge... and I was cutting some chicken thighs and legs apart and freezing them... doesn't work to well with a dull knife... good way to cut yourself... anyway I tried this little sharpener David had bought before he passed... that man could put an edge on a knife... wow... he was so good with a steel. Me... seriously pathetic with a steel... but I got an edge on that knife with that little sharpener... my hubs is still taking care of me from the other side... I never would have had that little sharpener if he had not wanted it... sad and happy both... strange feeling... ya know...

Beautiful gray cloudy morning here today… in the 60’s and 70’s for a good bit of the morning… It was so nice to have the fans and air conditioner shut off… I am thankful I have them… but truly enjoy not having to run them… it’s jumped up into the 90’s now….

My favorite season is coming on fast… I love autumn… I am seeing splashes of yellow color in the cottonwood trees… beautiful… not so much to do with autumn… but I saw 4 birds of prey on my way into town yesterday… I am thinking 2 falcon, 1 hawk, and 1 eagle… beautiful creatures… saw a male pheasant on the way back home…

Visited with a good friend on the phone for a bit this morning… she is another widow… 6 years out on her after husband journey… we have been friends for longer than that… was good to hear her voice.

Geez… I am seriously exhausted… gotta find some energy from somewhere…


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video