Tuesday, August 27, 2013

arise... give thanks for the day





Arise… arise and give thanks for the day… and know…

this was running through my head this morning… take it for what you will…

I was blessed with rest this past night. That sounds strange even to me… considering how much I’ve been stuck in a reclining position. But there is a difference… a true rest has been very rare … for a long time… this morning I woke rested before my alarm clock went off… oh and no I did not wake in a night terror or panic attack… believe me when I say… those are very very far from rest being rested… rather the opposite…

Such an amazingly beautiful sky this morning… the air cool and clean with just a hint of moisture to breathe… clouds scattered across the blue… the morning sun shining through… showing patches of gray and startling white bursting into light… sunlight sweeping across the hillside… lighting up the ridges to the south… a new day has come…

I am out to do ranch rounds… and to savor the morning sun…


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video