Sunday, May 11, 2014

one tired pup... that would be me... May 7th 2014



Good Morning Peeps…

That storm missed us last night… now they are saying rain this afternoon… I walked the asparagus field mowing down the field grass with the DR mower until I could no longer see… no nothing wrong with the eyes… it was just getting dark outside… truth be told… I am a very sore tired puppy… yeah I know… a 54 year old puppy…

I am getting dressed and heading back out there… I do hope we get some moisture… but I reallllllllyyyyy want that field mowed beforehand… so if the asparagus jumps up in growth from the moisture… I can actually see it before it is a little tree. Speaking of trees… there are a few cherry trees… trying to grow out there… or bushes… whatever… no I did not mow them off… but if that grass had been at full height they would have been mowed down in the process… because the grass would have hidden them until it was too late…

I checked with the adult protective services case worker yesterday regarding my aunt and cousin. She did not take the sheriff with her… I have no idea whether that is good or bad… it is what it is… my cousin did let her into the house and she was able to speak with auntie… that is a good thing… she said she could not see much because it was so dark in there… and was not allowed to go through the entire house… she said they were not in imminent danger… she said she would be visiting again… and that my cousin asked what programs were available when she was leaving… I am hoping that this is an indicator that my cousin is going to use this as an opportunity to grasp a lifeline rather than withdrawing further into herself… it is a tough situation… well at least we are going into summer… so they will be dealing with scorching heat and flies rather than subzero temps … freezing winds … fire hazard from the trash piled up around their wood stove… and being trapped in property from snow drifts… aaarrrgggghhhhh….. it does not have to be like this… ok… just let it go… it is not up to you… you cannot fix this… you have done everything you can do… let it go… yes I am talking to me…

Ok…. Breathe… focus… take another breath… kgab is on the radio… there is a yellow finch on the bird feeder… dew on the grass… coffee cup is about empty… time to refill it… laundry to fold… baby ducks and geese to take care of… Mow Mow Tat to hug (black and white house cat) … the tweeters (Pete and Blue-cockatiels) sitting on their perches listening to the radio chattering along with it… think I will put my stockyard boots on and head out to that field… see how much more of it I can get mowed… seriously wish my tractor was working… geez… it is a monster of a workout though… it’s get stronger or drop on your face in the field… more than once I nearly landed on my face…

A working tractor… this is another project…aw well one thing at a time…

It is not raining yet… so I’d best get with it…

Later taters…


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video