Sunday, May 11, 2014

May 9th 2014 triggers and memories...



Good Morning Peeps…

Thankfully the sun is shining this morning… although after the past couple of days… my tulips are the worse for wear… it hailed… rained … then snowed… I did get most of the asparagus field mowed… before the mower quit… parts have been ordered so it will be up and going again soon… hopefully… seems the fuel pump has developed a leak…

It took me over 9 hours over two days time to mow that field… lots of walking… yesterday I was just done… as in my body needed to rest… so basic chores are all that got done and the rest of the time I needed a quiet rest day… whether I wanted one or not…

Looks like another storm is set to come in this weekend through Monday… brrrr…

Went up and took care of the baby ducks and geese… they sure are growing… cute little buggers… came back in and had a couple ounces of bacon and some zucchini for lunch … finally got myself into the bathtub… my body feels much better for it… I needed that hot soak… I wonder sometimes… often actually… if getting into the tub is ever going to get any easier… it is not that it is physically difficult… although it once was after surgeries I could barely get in and out of the tub… David would help me… when he bathed I would wash his back… and when I bathed he would wash mine…

Yes I have a back brush so I can wash my own back… David hated the thing… said that was his job… every time I see it … or use it… I hear his voice saying… “that’s my job” … it’s a good memory… but it sure brings me to tears missing him… for a woman that rarely ever cried… I’ve certainly turned into a weepy willow since he died. I am starting to think leaky eyes and weeping is just the way it is now… it’s like some kind of switch has flipped… geesh… because it sure seems uncontrollable…

Bloody well confusing… that’s what it is… I wonder if that is how David felt after he had that stroke… before the stroke he was not a teary eyed person… neither of us were… after… emotion would hit him like a freight train and the tears would start… over a movie… over anything… thinking I am getting a good dose of the same thing he went through… I was always asking him if something was wrong and he would just shake his head no as tears were running down his face… was probably as frustrating for him as it is for me… emotions just doing whatever they want to whenever they want to…

I sure miss that man… I don’t care if it was his time to cross over… it still sucks having my best friend/husband gone… ok… gotta move… my hair is about dry… Gunsmoke is playing in the background… gonna head out the door and pick up some more of the plastic that the wind ripped off my greenhouse… then check for eggs… maybe drive some steel posts… don’t know though… the ground is pretty wet… I don’t want to tear up the pasture driving across it to the fence line…

Later taters…


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video