Sunday, June 28, 2015

October 9 2014







Hello Peeps…

I am aching bacon tonight… I don’t think there is an part of my anatomy that does not ache… well maybe my hair… does that count… lol… geez… yeah I know… what a whine… wanna little cheese with that whine… and so on…

Whine aside I am going to keep using this body until it just will not work any more… frankly some days that seems a lot closer than others… kinda gives me the creeps when my hand just will not respond… nerve damage topped off with arthritis… so charming… ah well it works part of the time… I discovered that the vitamins and minerals I was taking do make a significant difference… I quit taking them for about a week and the pain level skyrocketed… pain in my hands went off the charts… it’s going to take a while to get levels managed again… you’d think I’d know better than to do that… but every once in a while I just have to try it out… vitamin c and glucosamine is actually more effective for me than Vicodin is…

It seems we have a new family on the ranch… earlier this year I had every feral cat on the place caught and spayed/neutered… so I was not expecting any kittens… I was actually rather concerned because around half of the feral cats that were living here disappeared… today I discovered a new one… and 6 new baby kittens… she had them in the chicken house… I covered them with a dog house top and set up a barrier to keep the chickens from eating them… there are so many predator birds and ground predators out here… that we lose quite a few cats… only the smart and the quick survive… Puss Kat has been around for years… she is not feral… but is a ranch cat… as in happy to see you… not happy to be touched… and smart enough to stay out of the big dog pens and to avoid the coyotes and eagles…

Sammy the Goat’s eyelid is all puffy again… just on the one side… I am thinking he ran into something out messing about today… I put a bit of antibiotic ointment in his eye to keep infection down from the injury… the little bugger sure is not having a good time with that eye… actually he is not so little any more… growing really fast…

Diesel and Sara (cane corso and bull mastiff) are snoring on the porch … wonder if they are dreaming… I am a tired unit… gonna put my feet up have a bit of coffee and relax a bit… probably fall asleep in the recliner… it has been a stressful day… had to make some decisions that frankly I did not want to deal with… I miss talking over decisions with my husband/partner… we would have been married 23 years this month… our anniversary would have been the 26th… sucks that he is no longer in this life… I am not looking for sympathy or words of wisdom for that matter… this is just how I feel about it… having to make these decisions today without his input sucked… yes there are stronger words that apply… but I’ll leave it at sucked… use your imagination… sometimes it sucks… just the way it is… ya either deal with it or ya don’t … I dealt with it… haven’t told them my decisions yet… but I’ve made them and now I am sticking with it… like it or not it is what it is…

Now I am heading for some coffee and some tv time… in the recliner… feet up coffee in hand…

Nite nite… turn out the light…


Mary E. Robbins
facebook

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video