Sunday, June 28, 2015

November 19 2014






Good Morning Peeps... look at that kitten's face... oh yeah...

31 degrees F supposed to warm up to 40 F... yesterday there were winds... this morning thankfully there are not... want to get the critters all taken care of before any wind picks up...

Had a rough few days ... thought I might lose Diesel... he is doing better and I am thinking will have a good recovery... he had a stroke on one of of the bitterly cold days... fortunately in comparison to what it could have been it was relatively mild... he is cocking his head a to the side a bit and his coordination is off but he is eating good... and able to walk and move quickly around... albeit a bit clumsy... looking for lots of hugs... yes he is getting them...

as of now he has been outside for is morning business... had his breakfast and is snoring...

I seems to be the transition from the warm house to the cold outside that triggered the stroke... the rapid constriction of blood vessels... just as it does in humans...

I tried to stay calm when I realized what had happened... failed rather miserably... but tried... took some rescue remedy to help even out... gave Diesel some too... along with vit C... echinacea... and aloe vera.... to help his body heal itself...

when I get upset it upsets Diesel (cane corso)... so trying to not do that... want to give him a calm safe environment to heal in... hes I know he is canine... but he is also my family... and my friend...

One of my sisters-in-law and I visited on the phone yesterday... it was good... almost made it through the conversation without bursting into tears... aw well... almost... David was her big brother... and my husband/best friend... he was a good man and left a big footprint... and you know... when we all got together... he was supposed to be there... he was always so happy when we all got together... getting together was not an easy task... David was out on the railroad most of the time... but when we managed it... he treasured it... he was so looking forward to spending time with folks when he retired... then... poof... he is gone from this life...

poof ... such a silly word...

Diesel is asking to go outside... or rather insisting... and my work list for the day is waiting... critters to be taken care of... so it is on with the day... poof or no poof...

may you walk in peace...

gratitudes: the time we had together... diesel is recovering... visit with Pam...

later taters...


Mary E. Robbins
facebook



No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video