Sunday, June 28, 2015

October 5 2014







Hello Peeps…

I was a tired puppy yesterday... I did get the tomatoes picked... had 3 gallons of maters showing color… and 4… 5 gallon buckets of green tomatoes… I put the green tomatoes in cardboard boxes and put them in my pantry… it’s cool back there and they will ripen… most will anyway… I’ll lose some… but the chickens will get those so they will not go to waste… some will be eaten raw… and some will be frozen… may stir fry some green ones too… my mom loved fried green tomatoes… but she dipped them in raw egg then flour… hmmmmm…. Suppose I could dip them in raw egg and non gmo corn flour… or crushed cracklins might be good… may have to try that…. This not eating gmo… is rather challenging…

Cleared out the vines as well… threw them in the chicken pen… it is a large pen and they have plenty of other food… yes I know the leaves and stems are rather toxic… the chickens were picking the caterpillars and tomatoes I missed off the vines… what is left will be composted…

Glad to have the squash picked and stored as well… I did not process any of the squash… just sorted it… what looked like it had been frosted and what had not… I will use the frosted stuff first… or process it if need be… by process I mean slice and freeze… yes I eat the seeds too… love them… lately I have been just eating them with the fried squash… but they are really good cleaned off… tossed in olive oil and spices and baked on a shallow pan… yum..

Gave the squash vines to the chickens … ducks… and geese…

Picked a tightly packed 5 gallon bucket of dock… washed … soaked… cut … bagged and froze it last night… did not finish up until 9:30 last night… I was very glad to see that the goats had corralled themselves when I went out to pen them up for the night.. the coyotes were howling and they went in to their safe zone… happily the guinneas are doing this as well… they are forming into a single flock and going out exploring with the older guinneas…

Got on the scale this morning… 237.2 lbs… measured… 49 inches around my hips… I was pretty excited about that… it has been years since my hips have been under 50 inches… wow… I’ve actually lost 13 inches off my hips… waist is down to 37 inches… yes that is another inch down… 9 inches down so far… bust 44.5 inches… that was 55 inches… or so… may have been larger…

Had planned on digging potatoes today… but plans have changed… still may get it done… but odds are it will be put off for a day or 2…hauling a bit of hay today instead…

Pop… pop… pop… I hear gunfire… gonna have to bring my house dogs back inside… terrifies them… woke up to gunfire yesterday morning… poppity pop pop pop… I am not anti gun… I just do not shoot things just to be shooting… gonna be hearing this all day again… grrrr… no I am not against hunting… as long as whatever is being hunted is actually eaten … this… this annoys me… I am going to stop before I go into a full on pissy vent… bugger it… I wince everytime I hear that… grrr… ok… get over it… just deal… yes that is me talking to myself…

Ok… gotta go…

Gratitudes: cinderblock walls… coffee… a beautiful autumn day…


Mary E. Robbins
facebook

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video