Sunday, June 28, 2015

November 29 2014






Hello Peeps…

I watched a bit of the sunrise this morning… was beautiful as color splashed across the clouds … shades of pink and gold… it was over 40 degrees F this morning… supposed to warm up into the 60’s later today… yay! Tomorrow … not so much… high of 24 F… never thought I’d be so focused on the weather… lol… but then out here it shows itself on a grand scale… it is amazing watching it shift and sweep across the sky and landscape…

The other day it was bursts of snow flurries… kind of like summer cloudbursts of rain… except it was white patches sweeping down from the clouds…

The morning of the hoar frost… was amazing… I could see clear areas… and areas with patches of mist/fog as the sun was shining out from behind the clouds… it is rolling hills out here… and I can see for quite a distance to the southeast… from my yards… if I go up the hill I can see Laramie Peak to the west… that is when it is not storming or foggy… lol…

Last night the clouds were luminescing across the southwestern sky below the moon… it looked as if they were glowing from within… I was at my friend’s house and we stood out there and just stared for a bit… I had stopped by to give him a birthday card I’d made and some pecan dessert things… yeah… we’ll just call them things… they did not turn out as I thought they would…lol… they were not horrid but they were not what I thought they were going to be… aw well… he liked them… or said he did anyway… lol…

Thanksgiving dinner turned out pretty good… we enjoyed our meal and sat and visited for a time… conversation was good… food was good… David would have enjoyed the meal as well… the ribs turned out extremely tender… sautéed beet greens with onion and bacon… oh my… those were tasty… who knew… lol… beet greens… lol… had some mashed potatoes with butter… the potatoes were from my garden as were the beet greens… had some cranberry… cooked with orange… walnuts… and honey…

Quite a bit on the to do list for today… did not get much done yesterday… was exhausted all day … body needed a rest… was rather insistent about it… result… work did not get done… ok… well today it needs to be done… so… here goes… not sure how much will get done… but some will… truck needs unloaded… animals fed and such… and on and on… such is life on a ranch… firewood needs bourght in… or rather I need firewood brought in… lol… supposed to be much colder tomorrow… no firewood… equals no heat… brrrrr… not up for that…

Gratitudes: woodstove… firewood… peace… yes… today I actually have peace… and am savoring it…

Ok… gotta get with it…

Later taters…


Mary E. Robbins
facebook

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video