Sunday, June 28, 2015

October 4 2014






Good Morning Peeps…

Bit of a chill in the air this morning… ice on my squash… grrr… was hoping I had a few more days… had the sprinkler on the tomatoes… so here is hoping I held the cold off them… I will look the squash over… may be processing squash today rather than just picking and storing… by processing I mean washing… slicing … bagging and freezing… I eat it sautéed most of the time so pre slicing will work for me.. really did not want to have to do this all at once…. Argh…

After the squash then it is on to the tomatoes… I am really hoping I did not lose them… most are still green… but I can pick and put them in boxes to ripen… unless they froze… then it’s pick what’s ripe and leave the rest to compost…

Hoping there is still some dock that is not ruined as well… most is mature and has gone to seed… but there are some plants where I had clipped the tops off before that have … hopefully still have… lol… beautiful leaves on them… love it in stews…

I suppose I could freeze the green tomatoes… but I am not a fan… hmmm will have to think about it… I am not pickling this year… just not prepared to get it done yet… so not happening… need to work my way farther back into the garden and see what the beets did… have a few potatoes to dig as well… thinking it’s going to be a busy day…

I will get done what I get done…

Getting close to butchering ducks as well… well we’ll just see how the work plays out today… or rather how long this body I live in holds out… lol….

I was looking at some clothes I wore back in my university days yesterday… the waist on that skirt measured 28 inches… that means my waist was a bit smaller than that to fit… and I know those skirts fit me… this may sound strange… but it has seemed rather like an illusion that at one time my body was that small… heading there again… waist is down to 37 inches last time I measured… weight down to 237 lbs… 2 more pounds to have 25% of my total body mass lost… that seems so weird… I have lost 9 inches off my waist… geez… how is that even possible… and 12 inches off my hips… hips are at 50 inches… down from 62… the sweatshirt I am wearing used to just come to my waist… now it is hanging to mid thigh… such weirdness…

So much of our culture is centered around eating… and so much of our food is actually toxic… geez… I saw a friend the other day… nice guy… he could barely breathe… every time I see him he is blown up bigger… his face is redder… it is harder for him to walk and breathe… I can see it happening… what is happening to him is what was happening to me… he is not a glutton… neither was I… it’s rather scary… then I look at kids… and I see that puffiness in so many of them… wow…

Ok… enough of that for now… gonna let the goats out to graze… they will love it… they have not had much run around time this past week… last night they were so cute… zipping from here to there nibbling… yes they have been getting feed… but the love to be out to browse… I will not let them out if I have to leave… won’t risk coyotes or dogs…

Don’t get me wrong… I love dogs… I do not love people that allow their dogs to range and kill other people’s livestock… that is all I am going to put in print about that… my feelings about it are better left unwritten…

Cleaned out the top of the wood stove yesterday… checked the chimney base and cleaned it out a bit too… getting ready to light her up… haven’t yet… but it will be soon…

Am looking forward to that moon on the 8th… hoping it will not be cloudy… as I would love to just sit out in the yard and enjoy her beauty… probably in a couple layers of sweatshirts and coveralls… brrrr… evening… lol…. Probably with my steel tongue drum… a cigar and a bit of cinnamon whiskey… perhaps… perhaps not… I may come inside… sit down for a minute… fall asleep and wake up in my chair after the show is over… happens…

Ok… get up and move… well at least my hands have loosened up… still sore but moving now…

Later taters…

Gratitudes: a warm bed to sleep in… breakfast (yam/duck eggs/bacon/coffee/honey/nibs) … friends…


Mary E. Robbins
facebook

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video