Sunday, June 28, 2015

Sept 26 2014





I wrote this originally to answer a specific question... but then thought ... hmmm... peeps have been asking me how I am losing the fat ... and this pretty much answers it... regarding foods and such...

Yes edema is part of it for me... this is what I have noticed with my body.... if I do not drink enough fluid I have more edema... I am not too bad with a half gallon fluid consumption per day... however my body does much better with a gallon a day... or more depending on my activity level and how hot it is... sweat and all that...

that being said... my body will not tolerate refined sugars... they result in swelling...

I can tolerate raw honey...

no soda/pop of any kind... swell swell swell... oh and bloat ... ick... the diet soda is actually worse on me than the regular stuff... I drink coffee... regular teas... herbal teas... water... I am ok with wine (in moderation) ... beer is a problem (gluten issues) ... a spot of whiskey/vodka/brandy/gin/tequilla ... now and again I seem to do ok with... usually only one shot... once in a while I'll try 2 depending on what it is... not because I am against a drink... but simply because my body's reaction to it is not worth it...

I do not drink any processed juices… I do eat fruit… love frozen bananas rolled in raw cacao nibs… love dates… I stay away from the chopped ones since they put sugar on them…

No corn syrup… it is amazing how many things that is in…

No gluten… argh… I ate wheat as a kid and it was ok… but it is not the same wheat as what we had as kids…

No MSG (mono sodium glutamate) this stuff is in so many things… grrrr…

I stay away from gmo oils... and as many gmo products as possible...

I use coconut oil (just make sure it is not processed with hexane) I am an olive oil freak… was pissed to learn that much of what we think is olive oil actually is not… researched it and found some real stuff… love the flavor…

I was torked to learn that they put sugar in sausage… and a lot of it has msg as well… grrrr…. I have been learning to make my own spice combinations…

I eat next to no processed meats other than bacon… and am very selective about it… there is a local place that makes it the old fashioned way… most of the processed meats have either sugar or msg …

I do eat some dairy… look for organic… the hormones they inject the cattle with seem to cause swelling in me… argh.. if I eat yogurt it is full fat plain greek yogurt… I add my own fruit and if I want to sweeten it… raw honey… I quit buying shredded cheese because it is coated in corn starch…

I do eat wild rice… sometimes brown rice… love yams… no not the canned stuff… unless I have canned it myself…

I eat nuts… unsalted… unless it’s sea salt or redmonds… it is actually redmonds all natural sea salt… there are other minerals in it along with the salt… it tastes better and is better for you as well…

The way I eat is nearly paleo… gotta headache yet… lol… I did more than once when I started this… but I do not have nearly as much swelling as I used to…

It’s whole no gluten non gmo organic foods that I eat… for the most part…

every once in a while I go off the reservation… like I did a couple weeks or so ago and ate some lindor truffles… I paid for that indiscretion with swelling and an all-night gastric attack…

Meat can be a challenge to get organic… so I have started raising my own fowl… and I do the best I can with the beef… am buying part of a grass fed steer later this year… at least that is the plan… down the road I may raise a bucket calf or 2 for the freezer… along with the chicken…ducks… geese… goats… and so on…

There is something else I drink… it’s called tangy tangerine 2 … it tastes kinda like an overripe peach… it is full of vitamins and minerals… there is a berry one as well… I just stick with this one… it is a multilevel thing… but I am not selling it… I buy mine off amazon.com … a friend talked me into it and it has been a benefit to me… my body tolerates it well and it helps me to hydrate… I take 4 heaping scoops and stir them into a half gallon jar of water and stick it in the frig… and drink it throughout the day…

I have become a total label reading freak… sometimes it makes me seriously pissed… the other day I was hungry for some kidney beans … I still had a can on my pantry shelf… so I picked it up… and read the label… these were supposed to be plain kidney beans… I expected some salt… but they had added sugar as well… seriously… sugar in kidney beans… argh!

They say to eat low fat… really?! When it is low fat it is high in simple carbs… another way to say sugars… grrrrr…. I am going to stop myself on the sugar rant because that is a whole thing in itself… just grrrr though… just grrrr…

Swelling…. It has been reduced by 80% to 90% overall since I have made these changes… that would be my best estimate… I still have a considerable amount of fat to lose and as I do so I am releasing stored toxins… so that comes into play as well… and of course genetics come into play… it is much better than it was…

Hope this was useful to you… it has been and continues to be a learning experience for me…
 
Mary E. Robbins

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video