Sunday, June 28, 2015

October 29 2014








Hey Peeps... Victory! I finally got the beet greens done... 28 quarts... after picking... sorting... washing 3 times... slicing... bagging... I just stacked them in the chest freezer... put some in the large crock pot with some chicken... an onion... cup of brown rice... cup of mixed dry beans... and a bag of mixed veggies... with rosemary and thyme... and a bit of redmond's natural salt...

Looking forward to having some of that... later... much later...

who'd a thought a little green and red leaf could trounce me... truth be told I am whipped... gonna take a bit of a break and then head out to do ranch rounds... and pick up some cement chunks with a friend... that is unless I can talk him into doing that a different day... it is a beautiful day outside though... and as long as I can still walk pushing my boundaries should make this body stronger...

it's the food prep... ranch work... fat loss workout... lol...

seriously though I am whipped... next year I am thinking it would be a much better idea to pick beet greens throughout the summer and put them up a bit at a time rather than this all at once thing... argh!

oh yeah... the beet roots and onions are sitting in the pantry... want to process the onion tops... and the beets... not today though...

later taters...

gratitudes: a sunny day... food in the freezer... the ability to walk... even when it hurts...
Mary E. Robbins

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video