Sunday, June 28, 2015

November 12 2014





I am sooooooo very glad to be back inside... finished up ranch rounds a bit ago... heat wave... ti is
5 degrees above zero... Fahrenheit ... for those of you that go by Celsius minus 16 degrees... brrrrrr.... the wind chill factor is going to be wicked tonight... on a bright note... all the critters seem to be doing ok... cold of course... but doing good...

the little birds always amaze me ... I saw numerous purple finch in the yards today... sparrows... blue jays... a robin... doves... and others I could not identify... some of them are so tiny... yet they survive the cold temps... amazes me...

brought in a cart load of firewood and filled the wood ring for the night... will refill the cart and ring again tomorrow... the nanny goats were bummed today... they did not get to go out to graze on fallen leaves... I just fed them in their corral instead...

the first real cold snap of the winter always seems so much harsher than when it comes back around later ...

the ducks and geese were playing in their water tank... splashing about...

I am having a coffee and just sitting listening to the clock tick right now... comforting sound... oh that and one of the mastiffs is snoring... lol... gonna warm up a bowl of leftover hamhock bean veggie soup and relax a bit... then if I get motivated... which frankly at this point is very questionable... may do oxycise... more than likely fall asleep in the chair... gonna watch a bit of tv I think... probably sleep through it... I get really tired after working out in the cold...

gratitudes: the elec is on... a chtair to relax in... warm fire the wood stove...
Mary E. Robbins

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video