Thursday, October 24, 2013

Triple Bertry Pie & Tats...








Oh ... yum... triple berry pie... love that stuff... and coffee with pumpkin spice creamer... was a hungry girl… now I am a happy girl... hehehehe...

Got the straw into the cat yard… miserable stuff was still damp… so I did not put it in their house… went out to the Quonset and got a huge dog bed and stuck it in there instead. Not what I’d wanted to do but it will do for now… stapled a dog food bag partway over their door… spread that damp straw around their yard… it will dry out pretty quickly that way…

Dumped all the waters… including the duck tank and refilled with fresh water… filled everyone’s feed pans… and gave them all biscuits…

One of my senior girls is now dancing about on the other side… Snickers crossed over the rainbow bridge… She is a wonderful kind spirit… I will miss being able to see her… she always had love in her eyes and a smile on her face for me… She had not been ill… her body was aged… she simply laid down and died.

Got 4 windows covered… going to have to replace some windows … not trying for it now though… perhaps next summer… depending on what is happening. Still need to use some foam around them… and secure it a bit more with tape… but the basics are done on those 4. Will help to keep it warmer in here.

Learned a hard lesson today… the arthritis in my thumb joints has progressed to the point that I am unable to control my stapler with my thumbs… grrrr… had to figure another way… hands are hurting now… ouch… especially that thumb joint…

Made me kinda clumsy with the stapler… that window work is not pretty… but it’s on there.

I have this thing called a robo-cut… I actually thought I was going to use it for the dogs but it scars the dickens out of them. It is a clipper thing that attaches to the vacuum cleaner. My hair is now 2 inches long… I usually cut the sides and back shorter… but just did not have it in me… feels much better than it did… and I have NO hair pieces down my back… I so hate that… itchy… nasty…pokey pieces of hair… are not there… it’s all in the vacuum… yay!

Needed to sit down and rest… I was staggering by the time I got back into the house. Have my breath back now… thinking I’ll get a bath and head into town for that tat… no I am not backing out. I told a friend I was planning on getting it… her words… “you know those are permanent” … wow… really … I had no idea…

Of course I’ve been beating myself up over the cost… this tat is no frivolous spur of the moment thing for me… this is my way of honoring 22 years of marriage to my best friend… with our anniversary coming up this Saturday. May seem strange to some people … but it is important to me… it is a step towards healing…

Gotta go… later taters…


Mary Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video