Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Rest Day...








Took today as down time… even got out of the compression pants… what a relief that was… watched a marathon session of Project Runway All Stars on Lifetime…. In between naps.

Had other plans for today… but seriously needed a downtime day. In actuality, my body insisted upon it. Quiet day hanging out with my cat.

I did do some laundry and wash some dishes… and of course run the house dogs out… and feed the Kitty trio… I had planned on going into Scotts Bluff for a meeting with my grief counselor… could not stay awake to drive… called her and told her what was up… both of us agreed it was better to not try to drive when I could not stay awake.

Put clean sheets on the bed… love clean sheets… what can I say.

I’d really been pushing it over the past few weeks and my body had reached its limits. I’m breathing better tonight than I was this morning… but my lungs are still hurting. Trying to walk is really wonky without the compression pants on. Not so stable on my feet. I’m not overly stable on my feet with the compression pants on… but without them it is a bit like walking on broken stilts. It is not a feel sorry for me thing… it just is what it is.

I have much more understanding of what my grandmother and mother went through. Back in the day I did not have a clue. Truth be told this is a bit of wisdom I could have happily done without.

Understanding what it is like to not get enough air is some wisdom I could have done without as well. Yeah… definitely could have done without ever knowing that. Frankly I can think of a few other things I could have done without knowing as well… such is this life…

Nite peeps…


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video