Thursday, October 24, 2013

fog and firewood









There is a fine fog this morning… the temps have dropped low enough for a thin layer of ice to form on the welded wire panels that surround my yards…

Today I need to get firewood in the house… or it’s going to be a cold night in here with no heat… empty out ashes… want to get straw into the kitty kennel… I would like to have all the critter houses strawed today… but I know that is too much. .. so one step at a time…

Actually I have a whole list of to-dos for today… I used to beat myself up over not being able to get it all done and feel like an absolute failure… which accomplished absolutely nothing other than making myself miserable… perhaps I’ve gained a bit of wisdom… my attitude now is… I’ll do what I can do… that’s all there is… do a bit… rest a bit… do a bit … rest a bit… actually I end up getting more done that way than trying to tackle it all at once and beating myself up over imagined failures…

On an up note… I am breathing easier today… and not as exhausted.

Ok… here goes… first up… ashes out… firewood in… 


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter


No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video