Saturday, October 26, 2013

Happy Anniversary David! I've got your roses...








I’m up…. And I’m awake…

Gratitudes: the sun is shining, hot black coffee, fever broke and I slept and slept and slept last night…

Exhaustion, soreness, and fever seem to follow episodes of Panic attacks. I am thinking it must be related to the massive adrenalin dump that occurs during the panic attack.  Frankly I did not think this was going to happen this time around since the panic attack was reigned in pretty quickly with rescue remedy.

That muscle soreness is worse than the aftermath of a long distance race or a heavy weight workout. Yes back in the day I did both. My body seriously goes into flight or fight mode… every fiber is ready to either flee or attack … and then it shuts off any pain from injuries… (oh yes I feel them later…with a vengeance)

I am thinking that is why the tattoo did not hurt. He was working on it for over 2 hours and I just sat there listening to metallica felt kind of like deep itch on my shoulder was being scratched… loved the rhythms of music he had on…

Body went into defensive mode and reduced pain sensitivity…. Come to think of it the pain in my legs and back receded too… that’s too funny… because I was actually concerned about how I was going to react to the tat needle.  When I started getting dizzy I grabbed the rescue remedy… and about 10 minutes later that was the end of it… the dizziness and free falling sensation that is…

Today is David’s and my Anniversary… Happy Anniversary Honey… yes I got my roses… except this time it is a single rose to be carried with me on my shoulder…

On David’s and my very first date… he brought me a dozen red roses… and roses were our thing from then on… the first roses he gave me were red… the last (which I still  have) were lavender and cream bicolor…

Busy day…
Later taters
May you walk in peace…

Oh yeah... and why is there blood dripping off the ribbon...because honey... sometimes love hurts...

Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video