Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween 2013





Happy Halloween Peeps!

Just a bit of Halloween poetry… or is it.. hehehehehe….

A witches’ brew…
and turnip stew…
the ghosts and goblins…
are coming for you…

the veil is thin…
to see you again…
do you.. do you…
remember when…

a black cat’s arch…
witches cape all starched…
out we go…
 
to see them march… 



May the Spirits Guide you...
Mary E. Robbins



Later in the day....

The firewood is in… big dogs watered and fed… everyone outside got treats… chickens have quit laying… here’s hoping they will start again… soon… but then my girls are getting old for chickens… fed the quackers (buff ducks) and dumped their water tank and refilled it… they are certainly a chatty bunch…

Larry went to the vet on Tuesday… picked him up yesterday… he seems to be doing fine. Hated to do it… but had him neutered… since he shares residence with his two sisters… He is such a beautiful orange and white tiger striped boy… with a kind loving heart… when I went in to get him at the vets and said his name he meowed and rubbed up against the front of his crate… he was very happy to get home… even without his studly equipment…

Managed to get 2 carts of firewood in… I actually cooked some dinner tonight… prepped some extra to have over the next few days… bacon/hamburgers, no buns… stir fried a veggie mix…corn/greenbeans/carrots… cooked up the rest of the bacon to use in bacon/lettuce/tomato salads… made some salad dressing and put it in the cupboard to marinate… washed some dishes… geez I had a mess…still do but not quite as much…

Listening to Mow Mow Tat purr… love that sound… the Pominators and Mastiffs are in for the night… and all quiet in their beds… the wind is howling around the house… well actually more of a roar than a howl…

Wanted to answer some messages… but truth be told I am just tired… took an emotional downswing this evening and just do not have it in me. Not ignoring anyone… just physically and emotionally exhausted.

Talked with my cousin today… she is in the middle of some… shall we say drama drama drama… ugh… no thank you. I am so very glad I am not in the middle of it.

Pete (cockatiel) was just chattering away… no music on.. no tv on … and I am in a different room… he is still chattering… he used to do this when David would stand in front of their cage and talk to him… I wonder how much they can see that we can not… I’ve felt presences about all day… with memories floating to the surface… of mom and David both… mom in dreams last night… David in memories so strong today that I could almost see him standing inside the gate as I was walking down the hill from taking care of the animals…

It is truly a blessing… but totally exhausting physically and emotionally as well… no I am not sending anyone away… I value their presence… Samhain/Halloween is my favorite day/night of the year… has been ever since I was a very little girl… no not because of the candy… lol…

I don’t know why it is… but the sound and feel (vibration) of Mow Mow Tat’s purring is so calming to me… peaceful…

Thinking I am going to enjoy my evening coffee… get these compression pants… off… off… off… glad I’ve got them … but so very glad to get them off…. Ugh… stick my feet up and watch a movie… thinking I’ll watch “After Earth” it came in the mail from Netflix the other day… love that line… “Danger is real… fear is a choice”… there is a lot of truth in that…

Ok… where’s that dvd…
Later taters…


Gratitudes:
Mow Mow Tat's Purr
Sara and Diesel on the Porch
Dinner



No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video