Thursday, September 05, 2013

Yesterday's quests are done...





Good morning peeps… very glad to be home… and just as glad that yesterday’s quests are done. One of the things on this exam was a breathing test… before using albutrol with a nebulizer and then after… then they compared the differences and determined the “age” of your lungs. According to their test results… yes the results were there immediately… or close to immediately… anyway according to their test results any positive effects of albutrol on my lung function are negligible… and it would seem that I have the lungs of a 94 year old woman.

Ok…. Well I am not sure how this happened… but it stands to reason that if I have her lungs she must have mine… wouldn’t ya think… I do not mind her borrowing them… but I would like them returned in good condition… now to find a lung swap station… so we can get this done… as I would like my lungs back now… while we are at it… I would appreciate my eyes back as well… as I remember them working quite differently than they do now…

Aw well… best to find some humor in it rather than letting it upset me… although I will admit hearing them say that I have the lungs of a 94 year old woman did rattle me a bit. Frankly I could have done without their breathing test as my lungs still hurt… grrrrr… but it is done now…

Tests or no tests… I have decided something… and have chosen to make an official proclamation… such as it is… I am going to live as long as I live… and not a moment less… nor a moment more…

As to what made my lungs this way… oh … I don’t know for sure… life… pollution… repeated bouts of pneumonia and bronchitis… aspirating stomach acid… burned lungs from chemical fumes… damage from smoke inhalation… allergies… pick one or all… as they have all been in the mix… there is some scarring in there… like that’s news… not…

I may have the lungs of a 94 year old woman… but they are still working… as my oxygen levels were at 98 percent yesterday… for those of you that do not know… I have been living in this body for around 53.5 years… give or take a bit…

Lift your mug (coffee mug… a huge black coffee mug in my case) Lift your mug and say three cheers… here’s to breathing yet another day…

Speaking of breathing yet another day… one that is not… yes not breathing… dropped in to visit… or rather let me know he was here this morning… this woman is loopy… or how… you say… my battery powered toothbrush was turned on and running …sitting on it’s shelf in the cupboard… I heard this buzzing and found it there when I came in from putting the last of the house Pominators outside… I picked it up… by the way… no I had not turned it on and left it…

I picked it up… and tried to turn it off… it would not turn off… the on off switch moved just fine… then a thought of David came flitting through my mind and the toothbrush turned off… so you know I just had to try to turn it back on again… thinking that it had possibly shorted out and the batteries just died… nope… batteries are fine… and the toothbrush turns on and works just fine… turns off just fine as well…

It had been a few months since any electrical items had turned back on or off by themselves… guess that is not quite right… they are not turning off and on by themselves… but I was not turning them on and off… neither ws anyone else breathing in this realm…
Good to know they are around… or perhaps a different wording… good to have indicators that I can see and hear in this realm that they are around…

Tomorrow it will be one year since mom crossed over. No more wheelchair… no more pain… she is free of it. I sure miss her… but I would not wish her back in that pain racked body. She is free… her friend followed not too long behind. They were sisters… not blood related… but sisters just the same… now both are free…

So much of my family has moved on across the veil… I know they are ok… and without all the angst and physical pain of this realm…

I miss them… but it seems my journey in this realm is not yet done… so salute the sun… treasure the moon… dance under the stars… breathe the sweet air of the early morn… cherish the moment… and breathe yet another day…

May you walk in peace…


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video