Tuesday, September 17, 2013

something shifted... perspective...




Good morning friends… bright sun rising this morning… no fog in my yards… yet there is a heavy blanket of fog to the southeast… covering the valley floor… looks as if a cloud grew weary and decided to take a nap… stretching out across farm and ranch… embracing cattle horses and all sundry critters alike…

Ahhhhh…. First cup of coffee for the day… strong and black… along with wheat cinnamon toast… and breakfast is done. That is enough for this morning … as dinner from last night is still with me. Mixed veggie salad, cornbread, and sloppy joe hamburger with chunks of onion, tomato, and green pepper. I actually had not intended to eat as much of it as I did… must have been hungry for protein.

I have little time to write this morning… as I have around 18 minutes or less until I need to be out the door… something has shifted… within me… the past few weeks have been exceptionally rough… emotionally, mentally, spiritually… I was back to losing it driving down the road… literally… as wave after wave of emotional pain smashed into me… around me… over me… ripping what self preservation I had left… to bits…

Between last night and this morning… something shifted… perspective perhaps… not really sure… I just know something has shifted… and rather than writhing in pain… I am calm. Not emotionless… not depressed… calm…no static… no frenzy… no panic… calm. How long will this last… I have no idea… but I certainly am appreciating it while it is here.

So I raise my coffee mug to the sun… greeting the new day… giving thanks for the moment… and step out into the day…

May you walk in peace…


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video