Tuesday, September 03, 2013

The Day After... Naughty Miss Molly





Good morning peeps… the house critters are all outside for a bit… Pete and Blue (cockatiels) love the morning sunshine… I just had breakfast… bit of bacon, couple eggs, and some home fries… and yes I did drown the whole lot in apple cider vinegar…

David used to cringe every time I did that... hehehe… now I am having my coffee … before this busy busy day gets started… well actually it has already started… but I ‘m still taking a moment … missing my hubs this morning... I don't know how he did it... but whenever one of our little furballs got out he could find them... no matter what it was I lost... he could find it... strange how a good memory can still make a person cry...

Gotta change my focus or I will spend the day mourning in tears...

Ok... so what are we thankful for today... one thing... even if you don't feel it... one thing you could be thankful for...

I am thankful that I was able to see that beautiful blue sky with bright white clouds scattered across parts of it... beautiful sunrise...

I was out and about and on my feet too much yesterday… legs are burning today… ah well… guess it will be a fiery day… so to speak. May you walk in peace… 


Yesterday's afternoon adventure....

started around noon:

 
Worried... Molly got out of the yard and I can not find her. She is a very small cream pom... that thinks she is the size of a wolf... when in reality she is about the size of a prairie dog...or smaller... I've taken the jeep around the pasture... driven up and down the roads... called neighbors... drove to neighbor after neighbor... she was frightened out of her senses when she got out of the yard... so I am thinking she just ran blindly or is in some small dark place hiding... she is small enough that she is eagle, hawk, coyote, fox, cougar, bobcat... food... not to mention she will attack any snake she comes across... and yes there are rattlesnakes in those fields... miles and miles and miles of open ranges and crops...

looked for her all afternoon... for miles around... took the jeep through pastures...gravel roads... and so on...

later in the day: around 6 p.m.

 
I walked around the yards calling her... no response... checked the cats' hidey holes... no Molly.... Little Miss Molly no where to be found... then I got in the jeep and went west this time... saw something on the side of the road... it was the young coyote carcass... bawled my face off again... drove farther east looking... listening for farm/ranch dogs barking... all quiet... saw the mare and her foal... stopped at the Huntlely Post office... my box was empty there... forgot I'd picked it up on Saturday...

drove around the houses in huntley... saw a couple of goats... No Molly... started home looking... praying... I stopped at the top of the drive... and honked... honked again and again...

when I come home for the day... I stop at the top of the drive and honk... the house Pominators all line up at the front gate and wiggle... and wag and bark... I honk the jeep's horn intermittently all the way down the drive until I park in front of the gate... the whole kennel barks welcome... wiggles and wags...

I thought maybe... just maybe... it's about the same time I come home when I've been in town... just maybe Molly will be heading for the gate...

I saw this little cream critter heading for the gate... I don't know where she'd been but she was panting and out of breath... my Naughty Miss Molly is Home... I couldn't be angry with her... I snatched her little panting self up and hugged and hugged her all the while her tail was wagging...

I am thinking Little Naughty Miss Molly is glad to be home as well...

Thank you for your prayers...



This is my Naughty Miss Molly... so very glad she is  home and was not eaten by some predator while she was out and about...

description of yesterday's adventures transferred over from my facebook page...

Gotta go...the day is calling...

May you walk in peace..

Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter


No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video