Monday, September 02, 2013

peace ... quiet ... calm ...





I rested a bit last night and it was good. This morning as I was running the Pominators outside… carrying out the cockatiels to enjoy the day… feeding the labs, chickens, and ducks… and of course gathering the gifts of cackleberries this one line kept getting louder… at first I could barely hear it in my mind… I walked up the hill to give Puss-Kat (long haired calico cat) her egg… yes she loves raw eggs…and to feed the rest of the ranch cats… stopped and looked out over the valley to Table Mountain… and the rest of the ridges to the southeast…

A beautiful patchwork of greens… yellows… and golds with the lake shimmering in the midst of it… I heard the rumble of steel on steel as a coal train pulled through the valley… I stood there gave thanks for the day and breathed in the cool clean morning air… As I stood there… my mind grew quieter… and this … thought… for lack of a better word… grew louder… not banging screaming loud… just a calming whisper… over and over as in a loop…

My peace I give unto you… My peace I give unto you… My peace I give unto you… be still and listen…

A quiet silvery thought running through my mind Ad infinitum…. To infinity and beyond…

This world… this realm… is such an amazingly beautiful place… we as a species bring such chaos … cruelty… and destruction to it…

Then you see… or hear about… those rare creatures… yes humans… that walk through chaos… walk through the wars that surround them… in peace…

It’s not about being a doormat or a perpetual victim… it is about allowing peace… accepting peace… choosing peace … within you… even though you may be surrounded by perpetual chaos… hatred… fear… war….

Sounds like such a simple thing… like forgiveness… or not judging… or loving… simple concepts… all a part of peace…

Suppose that is what is meant when it is said to live simply… be still and know…

Simple and easy are not the same thing….

And that is the end of my ramble for this morning… raising my coffee mug in thanks… and heading back outside to finish this morning’s ranch rounds.

May you walk in peace…


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video