Friday, July 12, 2013

What if today... we were just grateful for everything...

Mmmmmmm…. Enjoying a sliver of pecan pie and some coffee… have the meals I cooked ahead put away in the frig… thinking I’m going to make some refrigerator pickled beets to go with the pork sparerib meals. Cooked to spareribs… that should make 4 meals. The rice combo turned out pretty good. I had some of that for dinner tonight… with a bit of sour cream. Needed the sourcream… the dish has a pretty good after burn to it… hehehehe….

Finished pulling Simon’s coat. He is such a gentle soul… not one snap or growl… if had been me I would have been growling to be sure… part of his coat had not released… ouch… He was happily bouncing around in his exercise yard when I finished up with him…

Got Copper Pudwell, Buttons, Mandy Moo, and Simon’s coats pulled today… all 4 are gentle souls… Happy little hairballs bouncing around after that hair was off them.

Found a tick on Buttons… sprayed the bugger with best yet cedar spray… dead tick… came right out with a comb. Need to spray all the yards and houses with cedarcide… snakes don’t seem to care for the scent of it either… yay! Seriously do not want ticks… ick… Sara (bull mastiff) had 2 on her the other day… I wanted to get more grass mowed down before I spray but I think I’m going to go ahead and spray the yards then keep working on mowing the perimeter grass. Got to get those dog coats pulled… that has to be a priority… wish I could just keep going on them all day… but about all I can manage at this point is 4 poms a day… and that’s if I do not mow or work on other physical things… grrrrr…. When my arms and back are giving out I quit … learned the hard way that if I try to keep going pulling coats then I end up hurting the dogs… and knock myself out to the point of actually getting less done in the long run.

While I was pulling coats a thunderstorm rolled through… dropped a bit of rain… it’s thundering off to the southeast now… I gave the Poms I was grooming a bit of rescue remedy… took the edge off their stress levels when the clippers kicked on as well as dealing with all the hair pulling and the thunder… they did really good…

Going to start on the next group in the morning… my back and arms are done for now. Heading for the zero grav chair … seriously going to turn the massage on… yup…

Gonna run the house Pominators and Mastiffs in when I get done writing… that thunder sounds a bit louder… plus I do not want to try to get everyone in and tended too after I’ve relaxed in that chair… good chance I’ll be asleep shortly after I get in it… lol…

Went out and gathered my eggs… one of my hens died… she was dead just lying out in the chicken yard. Probably a combination of age and the heat.

I’ve been making a point of giving thanks for the day each morning. No matter what kind of a mood or what state my body is in when I get up. I’ve noticed this has made a significant difference in how my day goes… or rather what my perspective is on the day as a whole.

Think I’ll go get the Pominators in and get in that zero grav chair… it is 7:44 p.m.

Later taters…


Mary E. Robbins
find me on facebook
follow me on twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video