Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Morning...Stiff and sore

Good Morning... Seems superfluous to say that... I woke up stiff and sore this morning... like I knew I would... always do after pushing it to the limits... I quit working last night when I couldn't hold the drill any longer... pulled the plastic and paper off the windows in the kennel... there are 6 windows each 2 by 4 feet... all in a row... I covered them with fiberglass... green tinted fiberglass... put up 2 8 foot sheets of corrugated tin above them... pulled what seemed like a thousand staples... I'd layered plastic sheeting over plastic sheeting over those windows for the past 3 years... vaccumed up the mouse shit... and brittle plastic pieces... went a little nuts at the screaming of a pup that wanted to be cuddled... I can't stand that sound just sets me off... yes the pup is ok... and not screaming any more... that behavior is discouraged... I've had a wicked time turning that behavior in my dogs around since she was here... I'm not sure what she did... but I have a pretty good idea... her heart was in the right place... but rewarding a screaming shrieking dog... is not a good idea... creates monsters... the same as with children... ugh... I feel sorry for them... she inadvertently encouraged the behavior by rewarding them for shrieking... now they have to learn that it is unacceptable behavior... not just for me... but for their new people as well... Shrieking barking dogs lose their homes... or get hurt by their people...

Back to the windows... as I was turning on the shop vac... I had a first happen... when the vac kicked on a live mouse was blown out of its air exhaust... bounced off my jean clad leg and landed on the floor... I sucked him/her back up into the vacuum... yes I did... dead mouse now... that shop vac is a beast... i think I'm going to cover the outside of that bank of windows with some translucent white fiberglass too... make an air pocket ... and keep most dirt and moisture off the window sills... I have a good sense of accomplishment over getting the windows covered ... but am still pissed over having to take the time to do it myself... after it was promised to be done by another person... frankly I'd rather people not say they are going to do something when they are not... or can not... good intentions or not...

I tried to do a bit on the computer last night... but fell asleep... hand on the mouse... Min Min sitting in the shredder tub... or rather sleeping in the shredder tub... read a bit in a magazine called Tango this morning... interesting... weighed... still 276 lbs... plateaued... I'm down around 9 or 10 pounds over all... and have been a bit grazy the past few days... stress I think... not grazy today... had cereal with berries and milk... and coffee this morning for breakfast... a few hours ago... I had mindset playing in the background about 4 times yesterday while I was inside the house... took that long to turn my shitty attitude around... truthfully I'm angry... just flat pissed off that this work is not done... I needed to be working on the computer and with mentors rather than doing construction on a building that should have been finished out several months ago... and those damn mice... I hate mice... grrrr... chew through the waferboard like it wasn't there... the tin should slow them down... I know another breeder that used stainless steel to keep them out... hopefully the tin can handle it... I was going to bend sheets of tin for the corners but I think I'm going to buy flashing instead... already cornered... part of the wafer board is just hanging there... not attached to the rafters... good grief... sooooo... I'm going to get some steel braces and use them to keep it up in place... pissed me off when I saw that... of course it didn't help any that I was already exhausted... and working over my head with an 8 foot sheet of corrugated metal... I think I'm going to see if I can get a vicoden prescription... hurt all over the place... don't know... pain can really mess with your attitude... in truth I can't remember the last day I was pain free... getting pretty fed up with it... hot bath with epsom salts here I come... then it's on to the day...

later tater... M

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video