Monday, April 28, 2014

thunder... lightening... rain... sleet.... snow... memories...


Wowzers... thunder just shook my house... that lightening strike was really close... rain... sleet... lightening ... thunder...

I did get the end of my goose pen put up... and the wooden snow fence attached to my garden fence for a wind break... lined up old tires along the base of the fence... caught my ankle in some steel crap buried in the field grass... ouch... that hurt...

came in when it started raining... yesterday I took pictures of my tulips… and some of my ducks… today the ground is covered in sleet… argh…

Between picking up the rolls of fencing yesterday… and putting it up today… and carrying around those tires… driving a couple steel posts and fighting with a stock panel… my body is just done today.. ouch… aching everywhere… and so not coordinated… stumbling over things… and my arms are not wanting to function… I am thinking I have had more than a little workout… part of the pain is probably the atmospheric pressure changes… when the thunder and lightening goes away… I am going to crawl into a tub of hot water Epsom salts and zeolite… and try to soak away some pain…

Fire going in the wood stove… taking the damp out of the house… sorted through some bib overalls… the overalls being too big is part of the reason I tripped over that friggen piece of steel… I was already stumbling around tripping on them in the friggen field grass then wham… ankle into steel…

Enough whining about tripping… I am packing up the overalls that are too big for me… enough of this crap… I am packing up David’s shirts too… when I am down to size then I will more than likely use the overalls and shirts to make clothes that actually fit me… I am not horrid with a sewing machine… used to be pretty good… thinking with some practice I will be good again… not going to mess with it as my weight and size are shifting… but after I am down to size and stabilizing… I intend to have some friggen clothes that fit… even if I am tailoring them myself…

I have a bit of a quandary… due to back and abdominal injuries… and venous insufficiency in my legs I have been living in compression pants… yes wearing them under the bib overalls… I am rebuilding my muscle mass… and I am thinking that my body is reaching a tipping point with the compression pants… between benefit and detriment… I am not sure about this… but I am going to start doing at least part of my physical work/workouts… without the compression pants… or perhaps just use the ones that have loosened up rather than wearing the super tight ones… gradually work away from them… the concern is the venous insufficiency… varicose veins… argh… I am hoping that with the increased muscle tone and mass that the muscles themselves will do the job the compression pants have been sort of doing…

Today I am impatient with this process of healing and reconditioning my body… I know there is no point in being impatient… but there are days that is exactly what I am… and today it one of those… I am impatient today with triggers and recovery time… and the storm of emotions that go along with it as well… no point in being impatient with this either… yet that is exactly what I am today… impatient… physically sore…with a good touch of anger… grrrrr…

Actually a good bit of the exhaustion and impatience today … well yes the anger too… is the aftermath of a major trigger event… ppppphhhhhtttttt…. Could have done without it… or perhaps not… I don’t know… it does seem to be a part of my growth process… major trigger… massive chaos… then growth… strengthening…

Frankly yesterday … fill in whatever word you want … part of the reason my arms are so sore is as I was in the middle of yesterday’s turmoil I attacked the heavy boxing bag hanging in my Quonset… I did not pull my punches… and I was only wearing a pair of leather work gloves… then I headed out to get the rolls of wooden snow fence that had been lying in the tree row for quite some time… I was not thinking very clearly… and still had a massive adrenalin rush going on when I was pulling them out of the underbrush they were stuck in… and threw them into the back of the truck… then unloaded them and threw them over a fence… yes I strained some muscles… really pissed off the muscles at the base of that abdominal patch… on an up note… last year at this time I could not have lifted those rolls of fencing…

As sore as I am … it makes me happy to see that fence constructed… I actually followed through with it… that feels so very good…

I do believe I am going to put the kettle on… and have some hot coffee… and perhaps some raw honey and cacao nibs… and put my feet up for a bit…

Seriously?!? Now it is snowing…

May you walk in peace…
 
Mary E. Robbins

April 27th 2014 sleet and snow

buff ducks April 26 2014

duck and chicken eggs just gathered... the 2 bigger eggs are the duck eggs...

sleet and snow april 27 2014

some of the first leaves of spring... april 26 2014


house pominators... left to right... ensign... bitsy boo... tuff... peanut... molly

muscovy drake...male duck


mustard weed... thought it was beautiful... lacy leaves... april 26 2014

view to the southeast... that is my greenhouse... another project for this summer

garden spot


sunrise

tulips along yard fence april 26 2014




don't know what this is... just pretty

grape hyacinth... love these flowers

tulips budded ... almost ready to bloom






tulip in tire...

my front  porch... sanding and painting project


greenhouse project

bit of the driveway

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video