Friday, April 04, 2014

Hello Friday...



Good morning peeps… the sun is shining bright… it is a charming 25 frosty degrees F here this morning… supposed to get up to 57 today according to the forecast…

Having my coffee, honey and raw organic cacao nibs… after breakfast had 1 duck egg… yam slices fried and 3 slices of bacon… yum… pretty much my typical breakfast these days… other than the duck egg… it’s been chicken eggs… at any rate my stomach is not roaring any more… after I’ve had my coffee I am going to take my vitamins… then a hot soak in the tub with some zeolite and Epsom salts… yes I am an aching sore woman this morning…

Then it is Oxycise and tai-cheng… then out the door to transfer 2 cats out of the live traps into straw filled crates with feed and water until they go in to be spayed/neutered… and rabies vaccinated… and reset the traps… here’s hoping we are done with this bit by this coming week…

Then it’s clear out the junk/stuff out of my pickup cab… pay bills… fold laundry and put it away… do ranch rounds… take care of the cats that have already been spayed/neutered… keeping them caged up for a bit to heal… and to keep them from being caught in the live traps again… look for duck and chicken eggs… fold laundry… have some errands to run… and possibly place some of these cats as barn cats to another ranch… want to work on my porch exterior walls… tapping in all the nail heads before I start sanding to repaint… seriously do not think I will have time to be bored…lol… oh yeah and if possible work on the surround fence and the garden fence… well alrighty then… seriously need to clean out and organize my office/library as well… and pantry… and Quonset… geez… ok… take a breath… getting overwhelmed accomplishes nothing… beating myself up because it all does not get done in a day … accomplishes nothing but making myself miserable… fed up with miserable… sooooooo…

Breathe… take another deep breath…. Take it one step at a time… make a list… put what needs to be done first near the top… and take it one thing at a time for a specific amount of time… and do what you can… the rest will just have to wait for another day… another list… and that is ok…

I hear a dove calling … beautiful sound… the cockatiels are messing about in their cage… impatiently waiting for the weather to warm up enough for their cage to be set outside during the day… Blue is sitting in the feed dish… Pete is on their main perch… their cage is sitting on top of Mow Mow Tat’s kitty condo… she is asleep on her padded shelf… the Pominators and mastiffs have already been outside for their morning run and back inside… the Kitty Trio (Larry Curly and Mo) are outside in their kitty run… there are purple and yellow crocus blooming… love their bright colors … the tulips are up…not blooming yet…

I did not sleep well last night… I was worried about a cat I had not trapped yet… nor seen for several days… when I went out to check the traps this morning (there are 2 traps) she was in there… such a relief… I thought she had died or been killed by predators… that is always a risk out here… I am hoping that having the females spayed it will stop drawing the feral tom cats in… most of these cats have never been touched before being caught in these traps… no the cat I was worried about has never been handled either… totally wild.

Ok… gotta get moving … frankly I am stiff and sore and feel like sticking my feet up in the recliner and doing absolutely nothing but sleeping and perhaps reading or watching tv… but that is not going to get anything on that list done… nor am I going to get physically stronger… so… here goes…

May you have a blessed day…


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video