Friday, May 31, 2013

Happy Friday... to do's and bit of a rant



Good morning peeps. Another busy day… or should be… lots of things on my to do list… 30 things actually… will I get all 30 done… dunno… working on it… not sure how long it is going to take at the tire shop. It will be a relief to have that questionable tire off the front of my jeep.

Chilly here this morning and the wind is blowing… it was 49 degrees F when I ran the Pominators out… funny how chilly that seems now and how warm it seems in the winter months… lol… That wind is much colder than 49 though. It’s coming off hail or snow and had a good bite to it this morning.

Geez I am a sore aching puppy this morning… I should have slathered on the unkers last night before I went to bed… but of course I did not… I was doing the bobble head at the computer… as in my head would bobble as I was drifting off to sleep then pop back up… and I just staggered into the bedroom and crashed. Geez… today the question would not be what is aching… but what is not aching… ugh.

Gonna head out and get the ranch rounds done… and take the big trash cans over to the burn bin. I don’t think I’m going to light it up to burn though… just put the grates back over the top and let it sit until there is a calmer day. Too much wind I am thinking. Supposed to rain again later today… want the ranch rounds done before then… no point in sloshing about in the rain if I don’t have to.

Frankly I feel like curling up on the couch under a pile of covers and going back to sleep… but that is not going to get anything done… nor is it going to reduce this aching. Moving about getting some activity in … whether I feel like it or not… should work out some of the stiffness and aching.

Yesterday I had an episode sitting at my desk. My vision started to cloud over and I started to pass out. I grabbed some coQ10 and swallowed it. Episodes are not happening as often as they were… so I am hoping that my body is repairing itself. I am always tired the next day after those episodes. I was getting really angry whenever I thought about what caused this mess. Me listening to the doctors and staying on proton pump inhibitors (Nexium, Prilosec, Prevacid… to list 3 brand names) … I asked the docs over the years if I should still be on them … numerous times… they said yes so I continued. I should have listened to my instincts instead. The long term usages of these drugs can cause heart failure, kidney failure, and liver failure… just to list 3 of their side effects…. I was on them for 20 years. There is a whole list of side effects of coming off them as well… hyper acidity is one of them… battled that with aloe vera juice… and for the most part that side effect has subsided… it took months. Another … and very nasty side effect of coming off these drugs is tachycardia … still have that happening… not as much as it was… but still going on… I use coQ10 to help with that. Mind you it has been 6 months. Why am I writing this… to give other’s a heads up regarding these drugs. Oh and do not be deceived by the generic names… the generics cause the same negative issues. These drugs are useful on a very short term basis… however even on short term they cause hyper-acidity when you come off them. Hyper-acidity… as in more of a stomach acid flare… heart burn, reflux, and so on… than before you actually took the drug.

You will probably see this over and over in my writing… It is so frustrating… upsetting… saddening to me… following the doctor’s instructions… taking these drugs was supposed to be a good thing… a healthy thing… a beneficial thing… and when I first started taking them it was a relief to not have to deal with the stomach acid as much. A huge relief. In the long term it turned into a massively detrimental choice.

This is another case of treating symptoms… managing a disease … rather than working for a positive solution by dealing with the cause of the issue. Actually healing the problem rather than treating symptoms.

I made the mistake of relying on the physicians to tell me what to do… bugger it… I thought that was what we were supposed to do. Just bugger it! David and I both thought that… now he is dead. In large part I believe because of the damage cholesterol drugs did to his heart. We told them the symptoms… what he was experiencing… and they insisted that he try yet another drug in the same family… refusing to listen … and it killed him… he trusted them… and it killed him.

Ok breathe… calm down… I would seriously like to take a sledge hammer to that last doctor… physically hold him responsible for the drugs he prescribes. David was old school… if the doc says it… must be good…. So do it. I kept track of the symptoms I could see happening to him. Yes I told the doc…. No the doc was not happy about it.


Ok… time to stop ranting and go out and do ranch rounds… want to get my pepper plants set out today...

May you walk in peace..


Mary E. Robbins 
Find me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video