Saturday, March 28, 2009

March 25th 2009, Day 17 of 90

Day 17 in my 90 Day Action Plan.

My plan for this 90 day action plan hasn’t gone exactly the way I had envisioned it. No surprise there I suppose.

I am probably 1/3 of the way through the tax work that is a must do. Little frustrated there, wanted to be completely done with it by now. But am making progress.

On the fitness front. Yes I am making progress. Bumpy road but progress. The biggest bump in the road is the pain in my left leg. Working in the blizzard, climbing through snow drifts, yes falling off the top of them, etc. Did a number on it yesterday. Yes I’ve been bathing in liniment. Yes it is helping.

All the Hairballs (poms) are inside. Not so much room to run, but warm and dry. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking I’d missed one of them. I hadn’t, it was just a nightmare. The guard dogs were barking and the coyotes were howling, geez they were in close. My husband and I piled more straw in the guard dog’s houses. Makes me nervous having the electric fence buried in the snow.

The coyotes and cougar don’t come past the electric fence when It’s on. I will be VERY GLAD when this snow melts. It would have been wonderful if the wind hadn’t blown so hard. There are big stretches of no snow at all, then monster drifts.

We need another layer of snow fence to help catch it and keep it out on the range. The shelter belt tree row we put in is buried under snow but it wasn’t enough to keep it back out of the dog yards.

Looks like the roads are clear enough to get out with a 4 wheel drive. Weird storm. It was between 70 and 80 degrees the day before the blizzard. It started as a driving rain, then turned into a wet sticky snow. I found one of our hens sitting on a fence yesterday encased in snow. I picked her up and took her into my dog house to melt the snow off. Then took her over to the chicken house and put her inside. She must have gotten confused in the blinding snow and wind and just hung onto the fence. I’ve never seen a chicken snowball before.

I bet ranchers lost calves out in this mess.



Life is a journey, some travels are in blinding snow
Mary E. Robbins & the Hairballs
Robbins Run Ranch: Living the Dream With Our Pomeranians
Independent Beachbody Coach: Feeling Flabby?
307.788.0202

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video