Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Women April 16th, 2009

Wow, I’m in total overwhelm and shock. I’ve been absent from blog posting, message boards, and updating my websites.

My journals think I have disappeared into never never land. The only places I’ve stuck my nose into much over the past several weeks is Team Beachbody, and Facebook.

Where do I start? On the bright side I’ve reconnected with some wonderful friends and met some new charming souls on Facebook. Frankly I’d resisted signing up for it for quite some time. I thought ok another thing to get done. Ok I was wrong. It has been a delight catching up with folks I’d lost contact with, many for years in fact.

Building new friendships and having glimpses into their lives. One new friend is a sculpture in Jerusalem, another friend lives in Malaysia, of course many are in the US. One travels the country, from coast to coast. I got to see a dear friends grandson for the first time, and another’s beautiful granddaughter.

Wonderful support, prayers and well wishes have come forth as well.

These are good things to be sure, much needed and very very appreciated.

What has thrown me into total shock and overwhelm is the loss of our family home of over 100 years. My mom’s house burned down the evening of April 14th, 2009. I had just sat down to watch the Biggest Loser and her neighbor called screaming into the phone for me to get over there my mom’s house was on fire. She may have said more but that is all I heard. I called 911 and reported the fire and stumbled out to the minivan to head over there. Wondering if my mom was dead or alive.

As it turns out the neighbors pulled her out of the house. Sadly her Poms and birds burned. That is the worst of it I think. The house was a total loss. Good by pictures and so on. The rest of it is just stuff. At least that is what I’m telling myself. I’ve been over there once since the fire, I totally lost it and haven’t been back. I think it will take a while for me to keep a level head over there. So many memories up in smoke.

On the bright side, mom is still alive and with us. Much worse for the experience. Time will tell how she adapts. Makes me wonder how the folks in New Orleans dealt with entire neighborhoods were destroyed.

Life is a journey, some trips are rough ones

Mary E. Robbins & The Hairballs
Robbins Run Ranch: Living the Dream With Our Pomeranians
Independent Beachbody Coach: helping others meet their fitness and financial goals

307.788.0202

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video