Sunday, March 08, 2009

Whine, gag choke snot...

I haven’t written anything for about a week. Not in my journals, message boards, facebook, blogs, articles, nada nothing.

Some kind of bug knocked me for a good one. I am breathing better today. In actuality all I’ve done all week is take basic care of the dogs and sleep. Well, take care of the dogs, gripe, snot, drink throat tea, choke, and sleep.

No my attitude is not the best on the planet today. I am a bit frustrated. My immune system is not what it used to be. But I am stronger than I have been, so that is progress.

I did something to my knee. It was a bit hairy for a while. I had to quit working out altogether to give it time to heal. I don’t think it was the workouts that caused the problem. I need to be careful when I do floor work. As in down on the floor. Make sure there are either good quality knee pads or a thick pad. Like a nit wit I didn’t think about it when I crawled under my desk to repair my computer keyboard tray.

I spaced off my knee pads and just crawled under there and installed a brace. Hey the key board tray is doing great. Then I unloaded a 100 pound bag of grain. I should have dipped half of it out, but I didn’t I just unloaded it. I felt my knee give. Yeouch!

I think I broke off some calcium deposits when I crawled under the desk. Then when I lifted the grain bag I must have wedged the miserable thing in the side of the joint. I am guessing. At any rate the swelling has gone down and the pain has receded. It’s never completely gone from my legs but it’s not making me nauseous now. So that is a good thing.

I messed my knees up in a car wreck years ago. Need to have good solid muscle mass to hold them together. I was feeling better and got ahead of myself. Painful lesson. Two steps up one step back.

After my knee went bats, my leg muscles started spasming in both legs. I must have put too much strain on them favoring the hurt knee. I think I allowed myself to get a bit dehydrated as well. Between my knee screaming, and the pain from the muscle spasms I didn’t sleep much. So of course my stomach just had to dump a boatload of acid and flair up as well. Whoo Hoo. In the midst of all this some kind of respiratory crap jumped on the band wagon. Yech! Thick mucus crud, swelled up throat on both sides of my neck, choking gagging snot.

Yup, that’s it. Pretty well sums up my week.

Gaggingly yours
Mary E. Robbins & the Hairballs

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video