Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving 2013... glucosamine... tumeric



Gratitudes:
Beautiful sunny moderately warm (46 degrees F) November day
The aroma of fresh baking
An afternoon filled with good food and friends

Happy Thanksgiving Peeps… actually isn’t that what it’s all about… being thankful for the day. No I don’t mean the massive exercise in excess… as in total gluttony… and the nonsensical nasty infighting that seems to go with holiday get togethers…

Such a waste… the abundance of nastiness and infighting that seems to go with holidays… I mean seriously… what is the point in that?!

Perhaps it is David’s passing… that has really brought it to light… so many years missed with loved ones because of selfish nonsensical nasty attitudes… I remember all too well the pain it inflicted on my dear husband… of course it ran rampant through my bloodlines as well… I mean seriously… holidays were a war zone… it got to the point that I just stopped putting dinners together because I did not want to hear it. Or the nasty sniping over dinners and where they were going to be … all the while refusing to step up and host one … geez… or the manipulative put downs designed to steal away joy… yes I heard it this year as well… did not work out too well for them though… I said… ok… and stepped away and accepted an invite to a friend’s house.

I am sorry… but I am just done with it. Actually that is not true… I am not sorry… not any more… I am just done. Huge… yes HUGE… sigh of relief. Stick a fork in it baby… that turkey has been cooked…

Woke up with a nasty headache… it is still there a bit but much much less than it was… I indulged myself today… hot water… zeolite… Epsom salts… lavender oil… eucalyptus oil… ahhhhhhh…. Wonderful soak that was… aromatic steam wafting up of the surface of the water… makes ya want to have gills so you can just slip down under the water and stay there…

But alas… no gills… and I had some baking to do so… I climbed out of the tub and got on with it…

Whole grain double cornbread… 3 berry walnut whole grain mini muffins made with honey… did not frost them… whipped some butter, cream cheese, and a bit of vanilla together… for a top it yourself side… made some cranberry, orange, pecan, honey, relish to take along too…. Actually made that last night… it is better when it sets… gives that bittersweet more time to blend… wonderful with meats … well I like it with meats… lol… if you don’t like bittersweet you won’t like it… lol…

There is a breeze blowing… I can hear the tinkling of the wind chimes hanging on the corner of the house… stood a bit this morning and watched the birds lined up on the fence… seemingly taking turns at the feeder… there are flocks of birds in the evergreen trees… walk out under the trees and suddenly there is the rush of the sound of many small sets of wings flying over to another tree… there is running water for them here too… have to be a bit careful going into the chicken house… as entry tends to startle the small wild birds out… and they fly out by your head… good reason to wear a hat with a brim… in case one of the little feathered flyers miss-judges the distance…

Quite a bit of the swelling has gone down out of my legs after being home yesterday and elevating them on and off throughout the day… thankfully my glucosamine was delivered last night… I’d ran out and without it the pain level is considerably higher. There is another gratitude: glucosamine.

Had some turmeric capsules in that delivery as well… they say turmeric is good for blood vessels… hardening of the arteries and such… thinking over time I will find out if that is true or not… they also say it is good to reduce anxiety and improve depression… hmmmmm… well… I can say this… no depressive drops… or anxiety spikes today… not debilitating anyway… going to another person’s home has been a huge panic/anxiety trigger ever since David passed. Hmmmmm…. This is a good thing…

I am going to go and relax in the recliner until it is time to head to dinner and conversation…

May your day be filled with joy…


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter 

 

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video