Friday, November 22, 2013

Glad to be Home



I am home home home... the Pominators... Mastiffs... and Cat Trio... have all been run outside to do their business and back in... there were still embers in the wood stove when I got home... stuck some more wood in there and got it going... thankful for the little elec heater that took up the slack...

Took it pretty slow coming home... dark and icy... makes for a cautious Mary.... got home with no incidents... other than meeting a semi in an icy curve... ick...

Dinner is a done deal... I was a hungry hound and nuked some sausage/onion/potato/veggie stew for dinner... having some coffee and a 1/2 cup of peanut butter ice cream for dessert...

Making some beef minestrone for the luncheon tomorrow... have that started on the stove.

Filled up the fuel tanks on my truck... yeouch that was a bite in the pocket to be sure. Gotta get the jeep into the shop and see what is up with that check engine light so I can drive her... she gets better mileage... yes my jeep is a she... she is my silver bullet...

Looked out the kitchen window in the subzero cold of this morning and had a treat... a visual treat that is... there were sparrows... magpies... starlings... and blue jays all at the bird feeder... I love watching them... I stood there a bit while I was washing dishes and just enjoyed them...

I am sooooo glad my truck started this morning... it was one of those be thankful for what has gone before moments... if the check engine light had not kicked on I would have not known my battery needed to be replaced and there was no way that old battery would have started my truck this morning...

Even with the emotional roller-coaster of the early morning... over all today has been a good day... made it too and from town with no accidents... have a warm place to sleep... and food to eat...

May you walk in peace...


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video