Sunday, November 10, 2013

back inside from doing ranch rounds



Back inside from doing ranch rounds… Brought in 2 cartloads of firewood… still no eggs from the girls (hens)… either they are not laying or something is eating them. I am thinking they are not laying… the quackers (ducks) are vocal souls… quacking away as they follow me around their yard… cleaned out all the waters and refilled them… feed the critters all around…

Then stopped and just soaked in the night… it is a calm night … absolutely beautiful… and filled with energy… today has been a series of swings from one side of the spectrum to the other… it felt really good to just stand out in the moonlight and recharge… perchance that sounds strange to some… but I know others will understand it…

Having a bit of beef, baked potato, and some romaine for dinner… brought in the Pominators and mastiffs… gave all their evening rations and treats… now they are all quiet in for the night…

Was very glad to be home today… I’ve been really tired… mentally… spiritually… and physically… thinking I may go out and sit in my chair and savor the night… it is so beautiful…

It’s strange… I love the night… as long as I am home and not driving… put me in a car or truck at night and the anxiety/panic attacks go off the friggen charts…

I remember when I was a teenager… going out into the pasture and lying there at night watching the stars… so beautiful… it was quiet out there… no one knew exactly where I was… no one was yelling at me because frankly I was just gone… the coyotes would go running on by yipping… never bothered me either… peace in the night…

During the day… given half a chance… I would disappear out to the cemetery and walk around… it was so quiet and peaceful… if they were looking for me they would never look there… another favorite haunt of mine was under the irrigation canal bridges… well …when the water was not in there that is… I’d sit under the bridge and listen to the cars and trucks go over… all out of sight… hmmmmm… perhaps I was the troll under the bridge…

When I was at university in Tulsa… I used to disappear under the bridges over the Arkansas River… sit there and watch the water go by… and listen to the traffic going over… sitting up under the bridge where no one could see me… it was peaceful… watching the water swirling on by…

Timer on the oven just sounded… dinner time… 


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter


No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video