Thursday, February 14, 2013

The first valentines day after...






Happy Valentines Day! Cherish the moments... My wonderful Hubs used to bring me roses... I remember our first “official” date so many years ago... with him standing on my front step in a brown and tan sweater vest... so nervous... and this beautiful bouquet of deep red roses...

Whenever I see roses... I feel how much he loved me... and that he still does from the other side... We got together in 1990... married 1991... still together alive through most of 2012... he crossed the veil and we still love each other across the veil from now until I have the release to cross over as well...

Love is a lot of different things…

Sometimes it’s the froth and fluff of romance that is portrayed in the movies and books… but that is just the froth of it. Like the foam on a cold glass of beer… and frankly it lasts just about as long… I admit it… I enjoyed the froth of it. The fun of exploring a new relationship… the surprise when someone you have known for years comes up with a bit of fun … the froth comes and goes… comes back up again… and ebbs…

Sometimes it’s the day to day… the touch on an arm … a kind word… or silence… a meal enjoyed together… presence…

Sometimes it’s picking up the other person’s dirty laundry… or not bitching about dishes dropped… or taking part in an activity that is the other person’s joy and not your own…

Sometimes it’s kind… a warm safe place…

Sometimes it’s sacrifice… one’s dreams put aside to be with the other….

Sometimes it’s a simple conversation… the give and take of it… or just listening in silence …

Love is never having to say you are sorry… ok… now that is a flat out lie… when you love and you do something crappy… and you will do something crappy… say you are sorry… take responsibility for your thoughts and actions… that is love too…

Love can be pure joy… sharing a moment together…

Love can be the cruelest of agony… pain beyond words… that rips and tears through your very core… yes that is love too. When one moves on to the other side and the other is left in this life … it is the height of cruelty… yet it is as it is. Do I regret loving and being loved by my husband… even knowing this… no I do not….and I love him still…

As most things in this life… Love is a choice. A decision …a commitment.

As what you do with it, is also a choice.

Today I choose to live another day…
Today I choose to love my Husband…
Today I choose to Celebrate Valentines Day…
Today I choose to give thanks for the day…

Love is a Choice… beyond the emotion… Love is a Decision…


Mary E. Robbins
 307.788.0202
find me on facebook
follow me on twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video