Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I actually slept






Good Morning Peeps! So much for a nap at 7:30 last night. I meandered into the bed rather than the couch… and that was all she wrote… I remember Diesel getting up into his spot on the bed… snuggling down into the covers… said my prayers and I was out. I did not wake up until the Pominators set off their morning howl… and this morning that was at 3:40 a.m.

No nightmares…no cold sweats and chills… just blessed sleep. I know I dreamed something … but do not consciously remember what it was at this point. I have not slept that long, straight through in … geez I can’t remember when. It is usually sleep 2 to 3 hours … get up head to the bathroom… check the stove. Check on David… Check on Mom… do what ever needed to be done and head back to bed… in 2 to 3 hours do it all again…

Happily the wood stove still had hot coals in it as well… so got the fire going again easily while I was running the Mastiffs and Pominators outside for their morning potty run. Of course they all did the yard rounds … making their security patrol… the large and the small of it.

Then after they were all back inside… I heard Mow Mow Tat growl… yes my cat growls… she heard a vehicle motor and the Pominators exploded and the Mastiffs hackles and back hair went up and they headed for the door. Some truck had gone rumbling by… probably someone taking the gravel roads across to the railroad depot.. or a rancher that was up taking care of cattle calving. I suppose it could be someone not home from the bars and partying yet… but they usually do not come back on these gravel/dirt roads. Sara and Diesel grabbed a bite to eat… and are now back on the couch… the Pominators are back in their beds… as for me… I am heading to the kitchen for a mug of coffee and getting on the recumbent stationary bike for a morning peddle. I’ve got my water… gonna get my coffee and get my peddle on…


Mary E. Robbins
307.788.0202
find me on facebook
follow me on twitter
RobbinsRunRanch

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video