Monday, January 09, 2012

One Week in: 2012 on track

One week in and I am happy to say that I am still on track for my one big goal for the year.  I weighed on January 8th 2012, and I lost 2 pounds.  304.5 - 2 = 302.5 pounds.  As of the end of week one I am on track to lose and keep off 100 pounds in 2012.

Truth be told I was rather nervous and wanted to get on the scale before my weigh in date. But, I made a decision with this goal to not weigh more than once a week. This goal is about improving my body's health, not being compulsive on the scale.

In some ways it seem silly to celebrate one week after making this huge goal. Yes to me this is a huge goal. To lose 100 pounds. Looking at that total totally overwhelms my mind. So I look at the goal in parts. Two pounds a week will reach this goal with a few pounds extra by the end of 2012. There are 52 weeks in the year 52 x 2 = 104.  I can get my mind around 2 pounds a week.

Each week I follow through is a victory. Actually each day I follow through is a victory, and  I am celebrating them. Each and every one.

Every ride on the stationary bike, is a victory!  Every bottle of water, is a victory! Every day I use the food journal is a victory! (I am logging my calorie consumption, and calories expended on www.everydayhealth.com in the food journal- love it)

I am logging all forms of exercise, it helps me to see how many calories I am expending. I am logging every bite that goes in my mouth, this helps me to realize just what my body needs. It also helps me to know that I can live my life without crazy restrictions.

It is wonderful to know that I can become a healthier weight without liquid diets, weight loss surgeries, and the rest of the craziness that is endlessly promoted for weight loss.

Back to celebrating my victories, I am celebrating my victory of 2 pounds lost, and consistent workouts and food logging by rewarding myself with a pedicure

Celebrate your victories...

I'll post again next week.

Mary E. Robbins
307.788.0202

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video