Sunday, May 13, 2007

May 12th... lost our water after a storm



Wow… I thought I was prepared to live out on this ranch… yeah right. What an awful panic feeling to be out of water. It seems a fuse blew on in the fusebox for the pump. Which by the way I thought was a breaker box. It’s going to be a breaker box. One good thing came out of it. I learned the name of a decent electrician. One of the long time farmer/ranchers recommended him.

They have no idea how much I appreciated that. Most of the time I’m on my own out here. It’s nice to know that I’m not completely alone when David is at work. Yes I value independence. But it’s really nice to have a bit of support. Usually I’m the support for others…. It’s nice to be able to reach out and have someone around. Even if it is around a mile between houses. Not all are that far apart.



Another Thunderstorm came through this afternoon. Dropped about 3 raindrops and blew on it’s way. Created a suction in the house and slammed one of the bedroom doors. CaBam! Truthfully it… with it being the storm scared me a bit. Scared the dogs a lot. Not having water is a serious problem. The dogs need water. I want a back up water supply… although I’m not sure how to go about getting it. I’ve felt kind of skuzzy all day. Achy and tired. Tough tookis… need to get it in gear and take care of the dogs and fowl…. As well as some office work. Load photos to Arfing News… and edit and load photos to Robbins Run Ranch: my main site… I’m reworking a lot of that site.



I am going to talk to this electrician about wiring the whelping house, fowl house, kennel light poles…with lights and outlets… and my other out building. Nothing real elaborate …


It will be really nice to have heat lamps and heated water in the outside dog runs… be soooo nice for my hairballs when the temps go down. I had wanted that the first year out here, but my being ill put everything on hold. I’m going to work with what I have before I build another building. Large building. Alarm bells were going off in my head. I do not want to be that heavily leveraged. I’m going to liquidate some debt before I take any more on. Maybe start boarding on a smaller scale… rework the buildings I have now… I want electricity to my greenhouse too… and to rework the quonset. Actually make use of what we have.
The electrician the neighbor recommended is only a few miles from here... he came over... found an issue with the pump control... also power fluctuating at the well. Soooooo... no water for tonight... he'll be back in the morning... Sunday Morning ... and Mother's day To boot...
Life is a journey... sometimes there are bumps in the road... Mary

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video